Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2008, 02:41 PM
Suspended
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
EXPY Plow Mount???

is that what that is??? Its a western, think I might pick it up

Old 12-04-2008, 10:17 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yupp that is a Western Unimount truck side. I would try and get the wiring harness and control for it if they are still intact and with the vehicle.

Old 12-04-2008, 10:31 AM
Technical Article Contributor

I would be careful buying that, your going to have problems that vehicle was in a front end collision and you can already see a bent bracket in the lower right corner of the picture. Unless it is a great deal pass on it and save for a good one.

Old 12-04-2008, 10:54 AM
Originally Posted by 05_sprcrw
I would be careful buying that, your going to have problems that vehicle was in a front end collision and you can already see a bent bracket in the lower right corner of the picture. Unless it is a great deal pass on it and save for a good one.
I think what you are seeing is his shadow on the lower mount because I saw this and thought the same this at first. I would check it for straight as well by measuring the bolt holes on the top of the carriage to make sure it is square and straight. Just an FYI new they are about 1600 new.

Old 12-04-2008, 11:08 AM
Suspended
Its in good shape. Nothing a torch and prybar cant fix. I just cant find the exact use for it. What do you think it would ebay for if I pulled it, sanded, painted it?

Old 12-04-2008, 12:54 PM
Originally Posted by Camarothatcould
Its in good shape. Nothing a torch and prybar cant fix. I just cant find the exact use for it. What do you think it would ebay for if I pulled it, sanded, painted it?
I would not take a torch to it you will take away all the strength from the steel. If it is bent just leave it where you found it.

Old 12-04-2008, 01:40 PM
Suspended
Originally Posted by dsq3973
I would not take a torch to it you will take away all the strength from the steel. If it is bent just leave it where you found it.
Oh, nothing is seriously bent at all, just a little bit. I'ma see how much they want for it. I Want to put together a plow setup for the truck. Just doing driveways and such, not abusing my truck too much

Old 12-04-2008, 03:18 PM
Originally Posted by Camarothatcould
Oh, nothing is seriously bent at all, just a little bit. I'ma see how much they want for it. I Want to put together a plow setup for the truck. Just doing driveways and such, not abusing my truck too much
Have you ever pushed snow with a truck before? Because if you have'nt you can do some serious damage to your truck as well as a person's yard and property if you have never done it before. I have pushed snow for many years and its not as fun as you think it is and it costs alot of money to fix a plow if you break something and it is a PITA because it will alway breaks when you need it most. Just do the math on what ball joints worth and replacing them every year if you carry the plow on your truck for long period of time.

Old 12-04-2008, 05:37 PM
Suspended
would only be plowing my driveway and a neighbor or two. personal use only

Quick Reply: EXPY Plow Mount???