Expedition / Navigator

98 expedition center console

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2009, 06:00 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
98 expedition center console

I am in process of putting bucket seats where the back bench seat is and am building a new console to run from the dash to my sub box in back. Truck has the rear a/c also, which I am taking all that out. How difficult is it to take all that out?

Old 01-21-2009, 10:32 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Do you have the console where the A/C runs through it and you have a sunroof, or do you have no sunroof and the A/C ducts are in the ceiling? If you have the ceiling type of rear A/C you don't have to get rid of it, but if you have a sunroof and the A/C is in the console, all you have to do is remove the console, the duct will come out of the lower dash, and all you'd have to do is block off the hole somehow. I may even be able to swap you the part you'd need, but it depends on what set up you have.

Old 01-22-2009, 12:51 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by mikeyss
Do you have the console where the A/C runs through it and you have a sunroof, or do you have no sunroof and the A/C ducts are in the ceiling? If you have the ceiling type of rear A/C you don't have to get rid of it, but if you have a sunroof and the A/C is in the console, all you have to do is remove the console, the duct will come out of the lower dash, and all you'd have to do is block off the hole somehow. I may even be able to swap you the part you'd need, but it depends on what set up you have.
I am doing a swap on my 01 Screw...Does the console with heat run off the heater core (antifreeze?) or is the heater electric?

Old 01-22-2009, 03:04 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The duct in the console attaches to the bottom of the dash duct work, behind the black cover on the floor where the floor vents are. I think you need another piece of duct work to make that all work

Quick Reply: 98 expedition center console