Expedition / Navigator

Air Ride shot...I think.

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2009, 01:43 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Air Ride shot...I think.

Ok...I've searched the boards, and found some info. A bit of it was well above my capabilities as far as testing relays/circuits and such.

My compressor on my 2000 Expy will not come on. My a$$ is sagging. It worked fine whan I parked it 4 days ago. The check Susp light is on.

The big question is...when I take it to the dealer...are there certain questions I can ask to help make sur I dont end up buying a crapload of parts so they can "diagnose" the problem via my wallet. I have no problem paying for good work but dont want to be paying for "parts as we go" diagnostics.

ANY help will be a bonus. thanks for reading.

Tim

Old 03-10-2009, 09:59 PM
Since the check susp light is on, the "computer" sees that there is a problem. It should not be hard to track the sensors and check for the fault.

Old 03-10-2009, 11:13 PM
I did. I found what I needed. Front height sensor. Fixed and good. Thanks.

Old 03-11-2009, 09:09 AM
Before taking it to the Stealership, I would call Eddie at American Air Suspension. He is an air ride guru. He was a FLM Tech for over twenty years before he went on his own. I also own a 1998 Lincoln Mark VIII that was plagued with air ride issues and he can walk you through the issues and get you any parts you may need, which will be cheaper and better than anything Ford will sell you.

You can check out his site at www.americanairsuspension.com or you can call him at 1-423-487-4321.

Old 07-18-2009, 10:37 PM
Originally Posted by K-Mac Attack
Before taking it to the Stealership, I would call Eddie at American Air Suspension. He is an air ride guru. He was a FLM Tech for over twenty years before he went on his own. I also own a 1998 Lincoln Mark VIII that was plagued with air ride issues and he can walk you through the issues and get you any parts you may need, which will be cheaper and better than anything Ford will sell you.

You can check out his site at www.americanairsuspension.com or you can call him at 1-423-487-4321.
So coming home from the lake today, I thought I heard a "pssst" while unloading, but wasn't sure. the very rough/bouncy/hard ride home had me even more curious. But no Chk Sus light, no constant humm from the compressor. Wasn't until we got home I saw the butt on the ground
So after I thumbed through the shop manual, not much help for me as I don't have a scan tool (I do have a ScanGuage, but it read no codes), my next stop was here! Shoulda stopped here first, but I was already dirty.
Thanks for the link, it's way more than just a store! Tons of helpful links! Showed me where to look for an air leak in my '00, and it was the #1 spot, the union at the master cylinder, not sure why a 4x2 has a conection there anyway, but going to order a couple of connectors and extra hose just in case! Still less than $20!

Thanks!!!

Quick Reply: Air Ride shot...I think.