Expedition / Navigator

97 Expedition-Electrical Problems, need help

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2009, 02:48 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
97 Expedition-Electrical Problems, need help

Hey guys,
I've got a 97 expedition, 4x4, 5.4...My brother sunk it in a pond a little over a year ago. We had the starter replaced and along with the transmission and the truck runs OK; however, the electrical components are toast it seems like. The ABS light flashes on and off. The fuel, oil, battery, and temp guage do not seem to work; They move around wildly with no accurate read out. The speedo and tach are fine (as it appears)....Can anyone tell me what I'm lookin at as far as gettin the electrical components back workin (e.g. cost, parts, etc.)..
Thanks!

Old 04-06-2009, 12:24 AM
Get a factory manual that has the wiring diagrams in it, start by cleaning and testing every ground.

Old 04-30-2009, 09:44 AM
I would look at your interior fuse/relay panel and gem module. Make sure they haven't been damaged by water.

Old 05-01-2009, 12:11 AM
Your problem is simple, solutions however are not. Once it went under the
H2O, your wires got doused with water.....now they are rusting, causing poor connections. You got two real choices, sell that bad boy to the first sucker that comes along, or rewire the whole kit'n'kaboodle.....I know this as i had an F150 with the same problem, once they've been dunked, they are never the same

Quick Reply: 97 Expedition-Electrical Problems, need help