Expedition / Navigator

Leaking Sunroof Issue

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2009, 07:13 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Leaking Sunroof Issue

I have an 03 EB Expedition and the sunroof is leaking. I was able to replicate the problem by pouring some water into the drain hole in the sunroof frame. The water is dripping from the grab handle on the pillar

I understand that there is a drain tube of some type, is there any way of checking to see if it is clogged or replace it.

secondly, is replacing the rubber seal on the sunroof a DIY project or not??

thanks

mhburris

Old 04-12-2009, 08:02 PM
UPDATE....

I took off the pillar cover and pulled back the headliner a little bit and I saw a woven rope type wick used to channel the water to the door frame. It was wet and looked like that it was sagging somewhat.

any advice??

mhburris

Old 04-15-2009, 01:25 AM
Mine was doing just that at the start of the winter.... With the sunroof open you should see the drains at all 4 corners, try putting something soft (I used a thick weed-eater line) down them. I ran into two that just would not clear. Ended up having some other things going on at the time, and just did not have time to deal with it, took it to a local shop. After pulling everything apart, two of the lines were squished in the body work from the factory New lines installed and we were all good to go. The lines from the drains should be a rubber tube, this woven rope thing may be the wire bundel for the power.

Quick Reply: Leaking Sunroof Issue