Expedition / Navigator

Like to Say Hi and introduce myself

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2009, 07:00 AM

Received 73 Likes on 66 Posts
Originally Posted by Tylus
@ Terajereme
I see in your sig that your Expy is tuned...does your tuning address the weird 1-2 shift?

that is the only fault I can find with my Expy. At low speeds (say under 15 mph), that shift is a little abrubt
yes, my tune is great totally changed the way it drives, it's a lot smoother at part throttle and it shifts firm still @ WOT

Old 04-28-2009, 10:40 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
sounds good so there was about 15k knocked off of the sticker price, next year ill probably be looking at a navigator, expedition limited, denali, and maybe an escalade

anyways can you explain to me how the back up system on the newer expy works? do they have a camera or what? cause I have not seen any of the newer expys with back up sensors on the bumper, are they hidden now or what?

Old 04-28-2009, 10:48 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
That thing looks awesome. I like those seats a lot.

Old 04-29-2009, 12:00 AM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
it has camera and backup sensors...so when you put into reverse, the video pops up in the rear-view mirror. gives you a "lane" behind the vehicle. there are 3 zones. Green, Orange, Red. Once an object gets into the orange zone, it starts beeping, and gets faster the closer to red you get.

I really like the backup video. It shows the rear hitch, and about 10 feet out at the same time. truly will make trailer hook-up a breeze.

thanks terajerame. I'll try to let Ford do some reflashes that are apparently on the way first. kinda scared about voiding warranty on this one. way too many electronics

Quick Reply: Like to Say Hi and introduce myself