Expedition / Navigator

Like to Say Hi and introduce myself

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2009, 11:54 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Talking Like to Say Hi and introduce myself

Hi, I a pretty active member for the 2004-2008 F-150 area over here...but never really been around this area. Looking to spend some time around here and get some ideas for the newest ride.

My POS Dodge Durango finally got it's walking papers.

Ford offered me $6,200 in rebates for a 2008 Expedition EL...and after 5 hours I own one. As you can see in the pics, my wife has already started to make it her own.

Specs:

Expedition EL
Limited
20's
Power everything...but the Nav and DVD system. That backup camera and powerfold mirrors and A/C seats are freaking cool. I'm gonna see about adapting a set to my F-150.

The Leather is pretty neat. Never seen a color scheme like that before...but it's a close enough match to U of Texas colors that I'm digging it. The other Ford is in my sig.

Now I'm back to being a 100% Ford driveway. She doesn't have the power of the Hemi...but the 6 speed more than makes up for that.

Seeing as I know just about nothing on these things...I gotta go do some research on mods. It's getting a good exhaust first thing. Not sure if I want a SIDO or SISO setup though

Old 04-23-2009, 12:06 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Congrats! I saw your post earlier today mentioning you bought one of these and was hoping you'd post some pictures of the new ride. Years back I had an Expedition and other than my 150, it was the best vehicle I've owned.

BTW, that's a great license plate frame; never seen that one before

Old 04-23-2009, 12:41 AM
Global Moderator &

Received 68 Likes on 64 Posts
Very nice! I too really like the seats.

Old 04-23-2009, 01:19 AM

thanks...I've been admiring these things for years, but never could afford one. I got lucky and found that 08 model still sitting on the lot 6 months after the 2009 models debutted, so it had a few grand removed there...and then the $6,250 in rebates was amazing.

wierdly, they had 2 2007 XLT's sitting there that were brand new as well
Originally Posted by dexx00420
BTW, that's a great license plate frame; never seen that one before
wife said that for years, so I went and had one made up for her

my truck says "Nothing Goes Deeper or Lasts Longer than a Submariner"

I've been too lazy to look just yet...but does Volant and Magnaflow make anything for the Expy? I loved that setup on my F-150...figure I shouldn't fix a winning combo

Old 04-23-2009, 12:41 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I really wanted to get my wife into one but just not in our budget.I love them and they have awesome reviews

Old 04-23-2009, 05:19 PM

Received 73 Likes on 66 Posts
my wife loves her expy, it's not bad on fuel either

I like those new seats like you've got

Old 04-23-2009, 07:13 PM

@ Terajereme
I see in your sig that your Expy is tuned...does your tuning address the weird 1-2 shift?

that is the only fault I can find with my Expy. At low speeds (say under 15 mph), that shift is a little abrubt

Old 04-23-2009, 08:43 PM
Nice ride, love the plate LOL

Old 04-24-2009, 01:51 AM
Tylus, I got one of these Black Limiteds for my wife so Im all Ford too now, as you can see by the sig. But I have one complaint about the Expy. When I come down to a stop, as I come from second into first, there is this hard clunck and the whole from shakes as it goes into the lower gear. You guys experience this too. I talked to the dealer and they said there is a possible tranny update program but is that really the case? Please help.

Nice Expy BTW. The seats are cool. They look like the King Ranch. I didnt know we could get them on the Limiteds. I love my folding running boards.

Old 04-24-2009, 02:35 AM

I have a Limited...the KR seats are a different leather. I'm guessing the Leather I have is color combo'd to match my Wood Grain dash...I guess

And yes, the tranny does occasionally do a weird little downshift when slowing down...and occasionally the 1-2 shift when speeding up is harder than I'd like.

I've read a few posts on another forum and people mention the same thing...I'll give it a bit and then see if there is a new flash out to correct it

Old 04-24-2009, 06:39 AM
Originally Posted by Tylus
I have a Limited...the KR seats are a different leather. I'm guessing the Leather I have is color combo'd to match my Wood Grain dash...I guess

And yes, the tranny does occasionally do a weird little downshift when slowing down...and occasionally the 1-2 shift when speeding up is harder than I'd like.

I've read a few posts on another forum and people mention the same thing...I'll give it a bit and then see if there is a new flash out to correct it
That's a sweet new ride Tylus! With the whole trans downshift issue you guys are talking about, my truck has been doing the same thing the last couple of months. Let me know what you find out. It's really startin' to bug me and I'm worried it's gonna trash my transmission. The other day it actually slipped into 2nd gear. Again nice Expy man.

Old 04-24-2009, 09:12 AM
That is a nice new ride!

Old 04-24-2009, 12:11 PM

Originally Posted by mitch150
That's a sweet new ride Tylus! With the whole trans downshift issue you guys are talking about, my truck has been doing the same thing the last couple of months. Let me know what you find out. It's really startin' to bug me and I'm worried it's gonna trash my transmission. The other day it actually slipped into 2nd gear. Again nice Expy man.
our tranny is the new 6-speed. Ford is still working out all the kinks with it

you might want to get your 4 speed checked out. sounds mechanical...and not a flash issue

Old 04-27-2009, 11:51 PM
first of all nice truck!

second if you don't mind me asking what was the final price out the door?

i'm thinking of upgrading next summer, i found a killer deal on used 08 Expy Limited with 20k miles for about 24k but i just wanted to know what the left over 08s are going for

Old 04-28-2009, 12:09 AM

My sticker price was $49,000 when I first showed up.

I got them down to $40,000 negotiating, and then got $6,250 in rebates...so roughly $34,000 + 4% TT&L
Rebates on the 08 Expy are $5,000...I also got $500 Military, $750 Ford Loyalty = $6,250
not the best deal, but I was really wanting out from that damn Durango I had. Probably could have shaved another $2-3,000 off that price if I'd been more willing to fight with 'em...was there 5 hours as it was.

I was really after a 4x4...but that is a $4,000 option

I had a little money to spend, but damn. $4,000 more...so I figured my F-150 would do all the heavy loads, and the Expy would be my nice street cruiser

Quick Reply: Like to Say Hi and introduce myself