Expedition / Navigator

Modding Ideas - What is out there?

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2009, 09:36 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Had a Troyer SCT on my F-150 and didnt like the shift patterns, trying someone new this go around, I had the Edge for three years and loved it but they make none for the Expy as of now.

Old 05-15-2009, 02:55 AM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by welfare wagon
I had the Edge for three years and loved it but they make none for the Expy as of now.
for now...but supposedly Bill at PHP is doing the datalogging and other tuning stuff for using a Grypon with the 07+ Expy

Also, hopefully they'd get a good mount like the F-150 has.

I'm only at 800 miles currently, so I'm gonna let it get at least 3-4,000 miles before "modding" her. I'm hoping the Gryphon is ready to go by that time.

if not, I might go with VMP. You are the 3rd person I've heard about using them with the Expy

Old 05-17-2009, 07:23 PM
Had a Troyer SCT on my F-150 and didnt like the shift patterns, trying someone new this go around, I had the Edge for three years and loved it but they make none for the Expy as of now.
Shift patterns are easily modified witha simple dial in and download. All you had to do was call him.

But again Tylus, there is no one else out there with near the knowledge in the f150/navi/expy platform as Mike Troyer. If he didn't live so far away from me, I'd be in his shop having my mark tuned

Old 05-18-2009, 09:04 PM
Well my SCT X3 tuner arrived today and all I can say is WOW, I ordered up three tunes all running 87 octane, economy, tow and performance. Within about about 10 minutes I was installed and very impressed, while I have only owned this Expy 1 month as of today I could tell that the throttle response is much better then stock, almost a throw you back in the seat feeling for such a heavy rig.
If sure one could get even better results running 93 octane but I didnt go that route, sometime soon I will switch to tow mode and see how that works to.

BTW I was able to update my speedo to run correct with my 22" wheels that Ford put on at the dealer, I don't think they corrected it themselves.

Tinted taillights arrive tomorrow, pictures to come soon

Old 05-19-2009, 12:59 AM

almost a throw you back in the seat feeling for such a heavy rig.
turn off your RSC...makes a big difference in mine for some reason

Old 05-21-2009, 10:24 AM
Originally Posted by 98Navi
Hands down, the best tuner you can get is Mike Troyer. I tried a few before him, and he get the best power in the safest way. It may take a few weeks to get it, but I'm currently waiting on the tune for my Mark VIII. I'll happily wait a few weeks for the knowledge, curtious service and service after the sale he gives. You call him, you'll never use another tuner
Off topic

So another MN-12/DEW-12 platform lover. I had 3 Tbird SC before I picked up my Expedition. Miss those cars. You know any of the guys in the TCCoA-Georgia chapter or SCCoSE?

Old 05-21-2009, 06:12 PM
I tend to surf lincolnvscadillac.com more than the others. I got banned from markviii.org for defending the mark against a pos hybrid. Touchy bastard that guy that owns it is, was supposed to be a 1 month ban, after I bittched about it it turned into forever.

I just converted it to the mustang 5x4.5 lug pattern for cobra r wheels, and I'm workin on getting 99 cobra brakes for it. I love this car man, it tears up the road and suprises all the little import pansies at the same time. You should check out that lincoln forum, there are video's of some guy with a supercharged 98 running low 11's

Heres the mark on the cobra R's

Last edited by 98Navi; 05-21-2009 at 06:14 PM.
Old 06-02-2009, 04:03 PM
As promised I finally have some pictures to add. So far I have added weathertech mats on all three rows and had a custom made cargo liner from Canvasback. Tinted taillights went on about a week ago and jsut yesterday I had the 3M clear bra added to the front end. Here are a few pictures with a link to the whole album.

https://www.f150online.com/forums/me...n-limited.html

Old 06-02-2009, 11:16 PM

nice man

I'm really liking how simple and elegant the white looks

Quick Reply: Modding Ideas - What is out there?