Expedition / Navigator

Cluster Questions...

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2009, 04:01 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool Cluster Questions...

I have a 97/98 F150 that I am swapping random pieces out of in turn for Navigator parts and was curious what kind of adjustments I would need to go through to adapt a cluster out of a 98 Navigator with the analog odometer, mileage is not an issue. My current cluster has only the Speedo, Oil, Gas, Coolant,and Charge gauges as the new one has a tack in it also will I need to tamper or is my truck wiring able to adapt?(similar to how the fog lights will work given you change the switch to one with the pull out fog function)

Thanks a bunch!

Old 05-06-2009, 07:15 PM

Received 73 Likes on 66 Posts
i dunno if your truck is compatable if it is you'll have to have a dealer re program the dash cluster at a minimum from what I understand...

Old 05-07-2009, 11:56 AM
reprogram? there is nothing digital in either the truck or the new cluster tho? and mileage is relatively close. I am not sure what you would be referring to as for reprogramming, could you elaborate some?

Old 05-08-2009, 07:03 PM
There is no programming, it is 100% analog. There are some subtle differences though, that I learned of while hunting for white face layouts for it. Personally, I wouldn't waste the time effort or money in doing such, as there is absolutely nothing special about our clusters, less they say Navigator on them

Old 05-09-2009, 01:56 AM
This is the cluster, and yes you are right there is nothing spectacular about it other than I like the layout of it, it's in better shape than the one in my truck and the tac is integrated into this one. I only paid like twenty bucks for it so no real loss if it doesn't work.

Plus i do plan on accenting the fascia with some lincoln navigator type emblems once I have it.

Old 05-09-2009, 10:20 AM
Are you sure thats a navigator unit? I think all the early years actually said Navigator on them, and the outlines around the tach and speedo were more oval than round. I've got a picture somewhere, if I can just find it

Old 05-11-2009, 09:51 AM
Would appear upon further research that the part number identifies it as an Explorer cluster, lol that could suck. Oh well I'll see what I can do once its here hahaha Thanks anyway appreciate the assistance.

Last edited by JayPhoenix; 05-11-2009 at 09:55 AM.

Quick Reply: Cluster Questions...