Expedition / Navigator

'04 Air Suspension ??? / Conversion

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2009, 08:38 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'04 Air Suspension ??? / Conversion

Did a search and looked though a bunch of question and answer, but didn't find what I was looking for.

I have the front and rear air suspension on an '04 and want to convert it over to standard. I know there is aftermarket out there, but does anyone know if I can go to the junkyard and pull the strut assemblies off and use them? Looking at the different suspension everything appears to be the same. Only difference on the upper control arm is the tab for the lever to attach to for the bag.

If this is possible how do I tell the computer that I don't have the air suspension.

Thanks, Shep

Old 05-30-2009, 11:47 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I am sure they are the same but I don't know if I would want to reuse some of those parts. If you are going to take the time to do this job, I would want to do it right. I have used American Air Suspension before (Eddie the owner) is a really good guy and can walk you through the process. He has a kit for your Expy for $799.00 that has everything you need to do the job right. Plus his kit will stop the computer from giving you the "check suspension" message.

www.americanairsuspension.com

Quick Reply: '04 Air Suspension ??? / Conversion