Expedition / Navigator

Powercode system (remote start) for '09

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2009, 10:15 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Powercode system (remote start) for '09

Hey guys -
Just bought an '09 Limited Saturday - and it was a toss-up between buying a model with power running boards and one with remote start. I opted for buying the power running boards version, under the assumption I'd install the remote start either myself or let the dealer do it.

My questions are:
1) With the '09 system, is the remote start incorporated into the factory remote somehow, or do you get a replacement remote? If the latter, is it a replacement, or do you have to carry around two "fobs" (given that they key is a fob).

2) Anyone done this install themselves? I hate the thought of taking my vehicles to any of the dealers around here.

Thanks for any info.

Old 06-02-2009, 03:43 AM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
your truck is too new man. I think you're the 2nd...maybe 3rd guy to mention having 1 that I've seen post in here

can you post pictures of your key fob up though?

I've been wondering if they Fusion remote will work on the Expy like it does on the F-150...if so, it would be nice to just snag a 09 Expy fob/key combo and kill some of the key mess in my pocket

Old 06-02-2009, 02:07 PM
Hey man - thanks for the reply. My Expy is basically just like yours - but '09 and non-EL. Well, and power running boards.

I'm looking at trying the snorkel mod you posted earlier, the LockPick for the Nav system (if it ever goes live) and MAYBE some type of modest aftermarket exhaust, but that should be it...

Here's your pic...my only complaint is the hold for the key to fit on the chain is too small, and doesn't allow enough movement/play. Otherwise, it's an improvement over the key & fob combo.

(Sorry, I don't have time to scale them from the iPhone - so you get the jumbo versions :P)

Old 06-02-2009, 05:15 PM
I haven't installed remote start on an Expedition yet.
Last 2008 F-150 I installed remote start on utilized a new remote
on the base powercode system (2 fobs/one to lock & unlock:other to
remote start) and the high end remote start kit utilized a single remote
that would lock and unlock as well as remote start.. you can look at what's
available at: http://www.fordaccessoriesstore.com/
Good Luck with whatever you decide. If you need help with this install,
just ask!

Old 06-02-2009, 11:21 PM

very nice vettkilr

I noticed the same issue with the key loops, so I added a little small piece to "jumper" between

I'll snag pics of it when my wife gets back. She has 1 key, and the dealership is still playing around with my key/ride

edit:
here is how I fixed that annoying snag issue...please ignore the pink gecko

Last edited by Tylus; 06-03-2009 at 12:07 AM.
Old 06-03-2009, 12:08 AM

btw vettkilr...does your Expy have the Power Rear lift?...if so, is that the wierd button on your keyfob?

Old 06-08-2009, 02:47 PM
Tylus -
Righto - the rear power lift. Hit it twice, and up comes the gate. Interestingly enough, I spoke to a local Ford dealership here, and they tell me that the remote start can be incorporated into the existing remote by simply pressing the door lock button three times. They also quoted me $500 to do it, and said my vehicle would be there most of the day. I highly doubt I'll go that route, I don't trust ANYONE with my vehicle at that markup at that duration.

Your "spacer" loop is a great idea - I'll have to hunt around on some spare keychains for one of those.

Sorry for the delay in responding, was out at the coast, seeing how well the thing did out on the beach in the sand. That's fun right there!

Quick Reply: Powercode system (remote start) for '09