Expedition / Navigator

07+ expys no performance mods?

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2009, 03:11 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
07+ expys no performance mods?

I can't seem to find intakes or programmers, I know their are K&Ns on ebay, dunno, I think I'd rather have something like a volant or banks possibly over the K&N, had a K&N on my frontier and aFe stg2 and volant for my titan, the volant is currently on but I feel like the aFe has better low end which I appriciate more and it's not as loud, I'm hoping to sell the volant and put the aFe back on but still waiting for the buyer I found to pony up. anyway, didn't care for the K&N too much, so I'm hoping to find something else. also, any programmers out that can adjust A/F ratios? my buddy told me his Edge can do that on his F150 BUT IF that were true anyone getting lean codes from their intake AF1 for example could just get a programmer to get rid of it.. so I dunno if it can adjust a couple points... don't wanna post this in the performance sections because there aren't enough expy guys and it'll just get buried

from the K&N intake description on ebay, it fits 09 F150 as well. so would that mean any/most 09 F150 intake fit the 07+ expy?

It seems like the Bully Dog power pup and soon the GT (dunno if it's actually out yet) may support the current gen Expys... anyone know for sure? I run a power pup in my titan so I'm very familiar with it's controls/use. so I could see myself getting a GT for the wifey's expy...

anyway, looking for any input, would LOVE to add an intake/programmer now that I have exhaust done up. thanks,

T

Old 06-11-2009, 03:48 AM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
sorry man, but there is absolutely nothing out there yet

just that K&N POS you've already found.

and yes, the 09 F-150 and the 07+ Expy share the same intake and airboxes.

I've e-mailed Volant & Edge about the Expy stuff. Edge said they have no intention of supporting the 07+ Expy...and Volant says they don't have one in production

So it's just a waiting game until the aftermarket decides to support the 09 F-150

I did a similar thread about 1 month back...here is a small trick for now. I'm going to do it myself tomorrow.

https://www.f150online.com/forums/ex...t-07-expy.html
https://www.f150online.com/forums/ex...out-there.html

Old 06-11-2009, 08:10 AM
For programmers, 5 Startuning can build programs for the 07 Expys. There are a few guys running around on here and over at ford-trucks.com that have them. Here's the website :

http://5startuning.com/

From what I hear, this place is one of the few that have been tuning for the Expy and they will setup a custom program for you via the SCT X3. This is the option I will be heading hopefully within the next few weeks if possible.

As far as intakes and such, we're SOL for the time being. I'm not that keen on the K&N myself so I'll wait and see what else comes out. I'll do the Magnaflow hopefully by the end of summer, get the tuner, and then wait and see. I already yanked the airbox silencer and thats about all I have done to my 07 for now.

Old 06-11-2009, 08:30 AM
I have the SCT from 5star and have no complaints, I run the 87 tow and performance modes. Performance really make the biggest difference much more throttle response off the line, makes this heavy truck get up and go, towing is what im running right now as I am pulling my travel trailer this week and it to is far better then stock.
Everything else is stock for me including the air filter, Magnaflow makes and exhaust but im not ready to add that yet, I love how quite the Expy is.

Old 06-12-2009, 04:12 PM
how much is the SCT x3 from 5star?

I'd imagine they'll do custom tunes?

Would it cost more to get a different tune later say if the intake I choose leans it out and I want to richen a little down the road eventually when an intake is available?

I can wait on intake til the 09 F1 has something that appeals to me. the car comes in today so I'll try to get around to pulling the snorkel off, we'll see. got plenty of stuff to do til then anyway

Old 06-21-2009, 03:07 PM
B&B makes an exhaust for the 07 navi so it would fit the expy wouldn't it? from what I gather they're top notch quality stuff

http://www.bbexhaust.com/suv/navigator/

I found the info on another site and decided to see... we already have an exhaust now, but for anyone with large pockets (really only a couple hundred more than I spent anyway )

Old 06-27-2009, 05:39 PM
http://afepower.com/shop/details_new...22&&brandID=53

so this should fit went to the local 4x shop and they said aFe makes one for the 09 F150

Trending Topics

Old 06-27-2009, 09:26 PM

you'd have to try it out...I don't know anybody with a 5.4 2009 F-150 yet. Keep hoping a neighbor will pick one up...then I'd pop the hood and compare.

from pictures though, they look identical to me.

Old 06-28-2009, 12:53 AM
is there a parts site we could use to compare stock intake part numbers?

Old 06-28-2009, 01:23 AM

http://www.tascafordparts.com/

and

http://www.motorcraft.com/catalog.do

and

http://www.trademotion.com/partlocat...?siteid=215005

they are the Top 3 in my book for Ford stuff. FTE Parts guys (bottom link) is a great guy to work with. I highly suggest you give Ed a e-mail/call if you need some Ford parts.

I cannot find the part#'s or the air boxes themselves.

Old 06-28-2009, 10:41 AM
The only intake kit I have seen for 07-up Expys is the K&N unit. I just checked one off the online retailers and the K&N part number for the kit on the Expy and F150 are different. I'm sure there is some variation between the 2 kits.

Old 06-28-2009, 04:54 PM

weird ain't it?

at least there might be something available when my wife finally lets me play with my 08...say 2-3 yrs from now

Old 06-30-2009, 04:34 AM
Ty, I think you're right, the K&N on ebay says it fits both 07+ epxy and 09 F150, and it looks almost identical to the aFe intake for the 09 F1

thinking I may get this one for the wife... I dunno, it's a toss up, maybe I'll keep waiting to see what else comes out

Old 06-30-2009, 05:27 AM

maybe use the K&N tubing and air shield...but I personally wouldn't use their filters. a good AEM Dry filter would be good IMO

Old 07-01-2009, 05:33 AM
I really honestly would prefer a banks ram air or something just because they look nicer, the aFe looks kinda crappy too now that I see it. both are oiled, but the volant possibly would be a better one to get even. especially if it was the power flow or whatever their new dry filter is called. the banks and volant are two of the nicer titan intakes, I own both a volant and aFe and the aFe feels like it has more low rpm power so I'm gonna put it back on, and it's a little quieter, since adding longtube headers a week or so ago my truck is pretty loud now with the flowmaster 40 series, so once I add the powerstick straight through/chambered muffler it will only get louder but the volant has a better fit/finish and slightly better look and quality. the screws for the airbox lid are stainless, the aFe are already rusted. I dunno maybe I'm getting picky, but I'm going to home depot tomorrow to get stainless screws for the aFe then I'm putting it back on and selling the volant...

Quick Reply: 07+ expys no performance mods?