Expedition / Navigator

Stuck in A4WD?

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2000, 05:27 PM
Suspended
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Stuck in A4WD?

Sycoholic:

How did you know it was stuck in A4WD? I have a 2000 Expy EB and I have wondered if you ever can tell if the 4x4 is engaged?

Old 01-10-2000, 12:15 AM
Hey Bob,

I have the same type Expy as you and I also haven't felt the 4wd yet. Sometimes it feels like the 4wd s engaged, the steering becomes very sluggish and hard to turn. I personally don't like the changes they made to the steering from 97-98 to 99-00. I had a 97 and it still wasn't the greatest but I had gotten used to the good bit of help (steering boost) you had at low speeds and trying to drive the 2000 in tight spots quickly can be a challenge

Old 03-08-2000, 01:40 PM
On a 99 and up you are always in A4WD. The 97 and 98s had a switch position for just 2WD. When the back tires start slipping in snow or sand you'll feel a clunk and the front tires will engage. You may want to check this out and try all the switch positions since I bought my 99 Expy in May last year and didn't find out until Jan in a snow storm that my 4WD didn't work at all. After 16 days (most of it in the shop) they finally got it straightened out. It was the front and rear wheel sensors in the Transfer case as well as the transfer case motor. It apparently came from the factory not working and I never new it. Keep in mind I had a 97 before this. Hope this helps---Bob

------------------
99 EB Expedition 5.4L with all the perks,3.73 LS,Heated Mirrors and Seats. Everything but sun-roof. Rhino Step Bar, Ford Bug Shield,More to come...

Quick Reply: Stuck in A4WD?