Expedition / Navigator

Bought new '00 Expy...need advice (long post)

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2000, 09:59 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Eibach has a kit, 2in front spring and adjust rear sensor. They have a front camber kit also. Same kit Roush probably uses. You can check it out at Eibach.com BTW no one makes drop spindles.

------------------
99 Expedition 2wd 5.4L, Silver w/Dark Grey Int, Billet Grill, Door sills, pedals, brake cover, ant, wiper covers, fender badges, rear view mirror. Shaved roof rack & tail gate, fog light bumper color matched. Clear front corners, WMS intake, directional mirrors. DJM control arms, Toxic shocks, Front and Rear Airbag suspension with 4 wheel independent control, 20in CEC's w 295-40-zr20, Alpine CVA 1005, 12 disc changer, TV, VCR, Alpine speakers, subs, amps. Clifford Avantguard G4, Front and Rear Smartwindows, and Pagemate 4, Corbeau Targa RS seats, fully Dynamatted from front to rear, Nav tail lights.

[This message has been edited by Slammed Expy (edited 03-26-2000).]

Old 03-27-2000, 12:01 AM
Talking Bought new '00 Expy...need advice (long post)

Ok, well I appreciate all the help so far guys. I did take the plunge and got a new '00 Expy. The dealer is trading for it, so I will have it early this next week.

Silver XLT 2WD w/ leather, 5.4, TT pkg., comfort/conv. pkg. That's basically it. I wanted it as stripped as possible b/c I will be putting in a different stereo, wheels/tires, front bumper etc, so I didn't have a real need for all the cool "gadgets" from the factory.

I will be making mods within a week after taking delivery. I'm copying Thunder's truck, basically. Hope you don't mind, dude.

Going with '99-00 Lightning rims, 285/55-18 tires, Lightning front grill and bumper cover, having the rear bumper painted to match the truck as well. New stereo system with an overhead drop-down 7" monitor so the kids can watch videos on trips.

I've got the basic plan figured out except for the suspension. I have load-leveling with the airbag. Is there someone who actually sells a "kit" to lower the truck? It appears from previous posts I've read that the rear can be adjusted by the dealer via the airbag. Correct? I don't know if you guys are familiar with the Roush trucks, but we have a Roush dealer here and I like the way those sit. Not looking for a big drop. 2" rear, maybe 2" in front. I don't want to have to get into dropped spindles to be honest. If you guys know of some websites I can look at, that would be great!

Since I'm a performance junkie (even though this will be my wife's ride) I plan on getting a Superchip, one of the filter kits and possibly a cat-back (QUIET one though).

Thanks in advance.

------------------
Wes Tarbox
90 LX 5.0 (10.69 @ 134.7)--586rwhp/587rwtq
96 Cobra (12.63 @ 114.5)--390rwhp/441rwtq
97 SHO
99 Lightning (13.20 @ 103.3)--362rwhp/444rwtq http://members.aol.com/Wa2fsT/index.html

[This message has been edited by Wes Tarbox (edited 03-26-2000).]

[This message has been edited by Wes Tarbox (edited 03-26-2000).]

Old 03-27-2000, 04:15 PM
Thumbs up

I just installed Eibach 1 1/2" lowering springs and camber adjustment kit, Lightning SVT Wheels and Michelin Pilot 285/60/18 tires. Didn't do anything to the rear since it has the load leveling system. This combo really fills up the wheel well and looks great. The Michelin Pilots are wide and really improved the ride and traction. I seriously considered Pirelli P-Zeros and Bridgestone H/P's but opted for the Michelin since they are a smoother riding tire. Vast improvement over stock.
Word of caution when you lower the front springs . . . make sure you re-route the ABS sensor wire to keep it tightly secured. You'll have some play in the wire that may rub on the tire/rim if you don't take out the extra play.

Old 03-27-2000, 09:14 PM
Thumbs up

Thanks guys!

KSinLA,

Where did you get your Eibach kit? I also have load leveling, so I assume I can just adjust the rear down a couple inches without swapping springs, correct?

Did you also go to some different shocks, or did you just leave the stockers?

I have my Lightning wheels coming, but I chose the 285/55-18s. These are closest to the stock height of my stock tires (255/70-16). The 60s would definitely fill up the wheel well better, but I didn't want to mess with a speedo that was a bit off.

Today I ordered the Lightning front grill and bumper with fog light assembly. Should look killer. Picked up the truck this PM and was very pleased with the silver.

------------------
Wes Tarbox
90 LX 5.0 (10.69 @ 134.7)--586rwhp/587rwtq
96 Cobra (12.63 @ 114.5)--390rwhp/441rwtq
99 Lightning (13.20 @ 103.3)--362rwhp/444rwtq
00 Expedition XLT 5.4
http://members.aol.com/Wa2fsT/index.html

Old 03-28-2000, 09:05 AM
I bought the Eibach lowering springs from Tire Rack as well as the SVT Wheels and Michelin tires.
I'm currently using stock shocks. With 30K miles on my Exp., I'm considering shock options.
There are pictures of an Expedition with SVT wheels and Pirelli 285/55/18 somewhere in this site. I believe it belongs to someone with user name "thunder." Good pics.

Quick Reply: Bought new '00 Expy...need advice (long post)