Expedition / Navigator

2000 Expedition Fog Lights/Bug Deflector

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2000, 09:19 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question 2000 Expedition Fog Lights/Bug Deflector

I recently purchased a 2000 Expedition Sport. I am attempting to find out how to configure the fog lights so they can be activated without the headlights. Does anyone out there know how to accomplish this? Any help or ideas would be greatly appreciated .

Also, I am trying to find a bug deflector that fits the expedition correctly. I purchased a "Lund", but had to return it because my hood would not close all the way . Does anyone know which company makes a deflector that fits correctly? Thanks again!

Old 05-26-2000, 10:03 AM
Talking

I saw one going down the freeway the other night. So I know it's possible. I know you might have to get into the relays under the hood to rewire them. I haven't had time to persue it, but I will do it someday.

------------------
99 Expedition XLT
5.4L
4X4
3.73LS
17"AT/S
Airaid Intake
Superchip
Custom Edlebrock shocks
Magnaflow 3"
Helwig Sway Arm
Polk speakers

Old 05-26-2000, 11:09 AM
Rooster, dig through this board a little bit. I know someone has posted before about a kit that will allow you to work the fogs alone.

Old 05-26-2000, 11:17 PM
Alls ya gotta do for the lights is open the headlight switch and dremel etc.. the stop that keeps you from pulling the switch out. Then just change the wire on the fog light relay so that it will either work when the parking lights are on or you could put it to ign if you just want to put the fogs on only. If my memory serves me they will also stay on if you put the highbeams on. If your not that good at custom work like that you can always just put in a seperate switch to flip the relay on under the hood.

------------------
99 Expedition 2wd 5.4L, Silver w/Dark Grey Int, Billet Grill (custom chrome insert), Door sills, pedals, brake cover, ant, wiper covers, fender badges, rear view mirror. Shaved roof rack & tail gate, fog light bumper color matched. Clear front corners, WMS intake, directional mirrors. DJM control arms, Toxic shocks, Front and Rear Airbag suspension with 4 wheel independent control, 20in CEC's w 295-40-zr20, Alpine CVA 1005, 12 disc changer, TV, VCR, Audiobahn 6.5 Comp Fr/R, Audiobahnsubs, Audiobahn HC amps. Clifford Avantguard G4, Corbeau Targa RS seats, fully Dynamatted from front to rear, Nav tail lights, Phillips HID headlights, yellow fog bulbs.

Old 05-26-2000, 11:59 PM
Talking

Thanks Slammed Expy! I'll try it and let everyone know how it worked out !

---------------------------------------------
2000 Expy Sport
No add-ons. . . .yet!

Quick Reply: 2000 Expedition Fog Lights/Bug Deflector