Expedition / Navigator

Help with Expy Air Suspension saggin in the rear??

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2000, 02:57 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Help with Expy Air Suspension saggin in the rear??

'97 EddieBauer w/Air Suspension Package. Have always been some what disturbed by the ride height of this vehicle. Never sat as high as other Expeditions equipped with standard suspension. Dealer feeds you that line about smoother ride & easier entry. Ahhh, spare me the slogans FORD. JUST want my
rig to sit high w/o looking like a wounding animal!! Yeah, I know I purchased it. But lets work on correcting the problem.

Have been willing the live with the ride height up until the last few months. Now when parked the the body seems to drop 3-4" in the rear, so much the rear wheels disappear into the quarter panels. SIMPLE UNACCEPTABLE!

Have been to 2 dealers to check for problems with the suspension. Both times checked out o.k. Once again same slogan, thats how the Air Susp. works. It vents to the access postion when parked. Mechanic even showed me a few other Expys on the lot with the same susp. stance.

What gives here?? Need to know if there is a way to prevent the suspension from engaging the access position & lock it into a High ride Height when parked & driving??

Old 06-03-2000, 05:15 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
There are a couple of ways. One is adjust the height sensor and the other turns the LLS off. Search the archive at www.xpedition.net for details on both methods.

Quick Reply: Help with Expy Air Suspension saggin in the rear??