Expedition / Navigator

Expy EB Fender Trim

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2000, 01:04 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Expy EB Fender Trim

I have a 1999 EB that looks exactly like every other Expy out there. One thing I want to do is paint the beige fender and door trim. I would like to do this by taking the trim off the truck. Can someone tell me how to remove this trim without destroying it? Thank you in advance.

Old 10-12-2000, 03:31 PM
Question

I am about to buy the same vehicle and I have the same question. Have you found out yet? Please forward any advice.

Old 10-12-2000, 06:48 PM
I have had two responses to my request for information. One person told me there are clips that are mounted under the trim and snap into the fender. However, when I went to the Ford dealership I inquired at the part counter about these clip. The guy behind the counter told me he remembers there being some clips but we could not get them to show up in any exploded parts list or assembly drawing.

Another guy resonded by telling me he had his dealership paint them on the vehicle.

I have got estimates of $750 to paint them on the vehicle and $250 off the vehicle. I am also worried about overspray if they are painted on the truck.

If you here anything, please let me know.

Thanks - TJH

Old 10-12-2000, 09:12 PM
The 4 fenders have about 10 push in type clips along the fender and there are also a couple of screws under on the lip. The other 6 pieces that are along the side should only be double sided tape. Goto a better parts dealer and you will see what the deal is. You could always just take out the inner fender and you will see al the tabs/clips.

Old 10-31-2000, 05:23 PM
Remove the screws/clips on the fenders and that's it.

On the body trim, take a putty knife and carefully (I said carefully) pry up one end of the trim, usually there is an end that is not stuck as good as the other, then use your fingers to gently pull the trim away from the truck while cutting the tape backing with an exacto knife. You can see the backing as you pull on the trim. This will leave tape on the truck and on the trim. Doing it this way will keep from damaging the trim. Remember, the trim kit is $160.00 a side.

This is a good time to have a beer. Use adhesive remover to remove the tape residue. Have another beer.

You can get 3M trim tape at AutoZone, it works really well when you reattach your trim.

Good luck!

Quick Reply: Expy EB Fender Trim