Expedition / Navigator

Folding Seat Problems

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2000, 12:57 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Red face Folding Seat Problems

OK, now that I've had my new EB Expy for a week, the 2nd row seat the folds to allow access to the 3rd row seat is not working right. It will lie flat, recline, but when I try to fold it up the seat back will not fold forward, but the whole seat will release from the floor, but since the seatback doesn't fold, it hits the passangers seat.

Anyone else have a similar problem? I'll have to wait till next week before I can take it to the dealer to look at, but wanted to know if there is something simple I can check first?

Other this this the first tank (400 miles) have been great and love my new Expy!

BRyan

Old 10-24-2000, 03:23 PM
Exclamation

Found the problem, It's the leaver, somehow we managed to bend it a little bit all ready, and works like the gears of a 10 speed, pull the leaver, it pulls a wire to release the seat back, and since it's bent it's not pulling hard enough to release the seat back. So The dealer is gonna order me a new leaver switch, but until then I'm gonna try to bend it back into shape enough to use.

Old 10-31-2000, 04:58 PM
The seat release is tricky. Grabbing the wrond handle at the wrong time can get you into a situation where the seat is folded forward but the seat-back is locked in it's folded down position. This makes the seat not fit back into it's usable position (down).

You have to re-release the seat-back and start over. This can require more than two hands. Having the bent handle replaced will not necessarily fix the problem. You still have to operate the seat correctly or the situation will come up again...usually when you are taking your best customers out to dinner.

Old 11-03-2000, 11:38 PM
Question

Bryan, Who is your dealer? I have heard several things regarding my 97 Exp and the oxygen sensor recall. But since I bought mine used, the dealership i have been going to says that there is none.
Help!

Old 11-04-2000, 01:23 AM
I bought mine from Diffee in El Reno, they had the color we wanted on the day we wanted it.

I have previesly used Fred Jones cross roads, and they suck, the had my 97 f-150 in 4 times (in les than a month) for broken turn signals, before they finally replaced the turn signal wonder arm.

PS Thanks for the advice for the audio in Midwest City.

------------------
2000 EB Expedition Med Wedgewood 5.4L Lmt Slip, LLS, Stock for now except the bug shield, and soon to be mudflaps.

Quick Reply: Folding Seat Problems