Expedition / Navigator

New to the Board

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2000, 03:03 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation New to the Board

I'm new to this board, I am an avid Grand Prix board member at GP-Owners, now that I bought an XP here I am.
I have checked out this site to get an idea on what I should look for in an XP. Here's what I decided on: Silver 2000 4.6 4X2 cloth. Was gonna go used but I had to take advantage of the .9%
Heres my Q's
Where to find a Lightning Bumper?
Any pics?
Opinions on how this would look at stock height?
What's the best chip/power module? (sounds like Superchip)
What's the best/cost efficient LCD TV setup?

Thnks for any Info
Eddie

2000 XLT 4.6 Silver
Clear Corner Lenses
Stealth sub in rear and under console under way. Clear tails and Billet grill on the way

Old 11-06-2000, 02:14 PM
Former Sponsor
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Hi Eddie,

Welcome to F-150 Online!

The top 3 best "bang-for-the-buck" mods for these vehicles, listed in order of power gainer per dollar spent, are:

1.) Optimize powertrain programming with the Superchip, this adds up to 26 hp & 40 lbs./ft. of torque in the F-150 & Expedition. It also removes the top speed limiter, and firms up the shift characteristics of the automatic tranhsmission. This product is available directly from us, and you can place your order either by calling our number listed below, or, you can use our online ordering system here, the link to it is below in my signature line as well.

2.) Reduce restriction in the air intake tract, using one of the airbox elimination kits, like K&N's FIPK kit, for example, this adds 12 hp to the 4.6 motor. This product is available from the F-150 Online Store, which you can access by clicking on the link on the left side of your screen that says "Online Store".

3.) Reduce restriction on the exhaust side, by installing a good name-brand cat-back exhaust system, they are worth 10-12 hp on the 4.6 Expedition & F-150's. This is also available in the Online Store here.

Though we have listed them in the order of bang-for-the-buck, you can do these mods in any order you like, and it won't affect either the programming in the Superchip, or your final results.

I'm glad you asked about the LCD TV setup, because the gentleman who runs the F-150 Online Store here, Roger Lemere of Lemere Enterprises, is also an ace at installing those units, and has his own Expedition with about 5 screens in it! He does this professionally for many, many people customizing their vehicles, so his input would be invaluable, I'm guessing. You can reach Roger directly at: 916-361-2510, he's out in California, and I think just got back from SEMA, so this is right up his alley, so to speak.

Best of luck with your new Expedition, and we hope you'll hang out with us here on F-150 Online when you have the time!

------------------
Mike Troyer
Performance Products, Inc.
National Distributor of Superchips
(540) 862-9515
Email: mtroyer@compuserve.com
Performance Products F150Online Superchip ordering system: F150Online Superchip Ordering System
First National F-150 Online Rally Event Organizer

[This message has been edited by Superchips_Distributor (edited 11-07-2000).]

Old 11-07-2000, 12:53 AM
Eddie, do a search on the "Lightning Bumper", some people here have done this. Good luck.

------------------
99 Expedition XLT
5.4L
4X4
3.73LS
17"AT/S
Airaid Intake
Superchip
Custom Edlebrock shocks
Dynomax Super Turbo 3"
Helwig Sway Arm
Polk speakers

Old 11-07-2000, 04:18 AM
Thanks for the warm welcome Mike.
Those mods will definetly be in my future I just have to convince the wife.
Can't Wait.

------------------
2000 XP Silver XLT 4.6

A few decals and clear corner lenses in less then a week. This is my wife's truck, w/ restrictions there hopefully plenty of mods coming soon.
97 Black GT Coupe
Modifications:
SD Hood fx w/ Thrasher CAI, Ultra Flo Exhaust, Removed Resonator & U-Bend, Jacobs Wires & Coil Pack, NGK TR 55's, TPSE, 160 Stat, B&M Tranny Cooler, B&M Tranny Shift Improver, Lotek Dual Pillar Mount w/ NOS Gauge & Air Fuel Ratio, NX 75hp w/ Purge Kit, RAT Springs, Buick F&R STB, 12" KVR's Front Cross Drilled/Sloted & Rear Cross Drilled Rotors, 18" AE 77's on 245/40 Kumhos, Matrix Xenon Bulbs, 2200 Blazertech's
Audio/Accessories:
Koiler Amp to 12" Fosgate XPL Bandpass, Lanzar Amp to Kenwood 6X9's, F&R Strobe Lights, GP Trunk Lid Mat
Upcoming Mods:
Impala Sway Bars, and more

Old 11-07-2000, 02:15 PM
Former Sponsor
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Hi Eddie,

Yes, most of us have wives to convince too. Some of us call them our "Vice-Presidents of Finance", and moving without their approval is only done at risk, to be sure.

You've got plenty of time, and looking at the long list of mods in your signature line, it looks like you've been rather successful at getting her approval. Good luck with this vehicle!

I made my wife my hot-rodding partner, so to speak, and ever since it's been easier to get her to OK those expenditures. Only problem is, I've created a speed-shifting monster out of my wife in the process!! Now she likes going fast more than I do, if that's possible, so we have to do mods on her vehicles first.

Have fun,

------------------
Mike Troyer
Performance Products, Inc.
National Distributor of Superchips
(540) 862-9515
Email: mtroyer@compuserve.com
Performance Products F150Online Superchip ordering system: F150Online Superchip Ordering System
First National F-150 Online Rally Event Organizer

Old 11-07-2000, 03:44 PM
franks&beans
Cool

89Scores,
From reading your post, I see your an GP enthusiast. I recently attend the GP gathering in Kansas City. It was a blast. Here is the Web site that help support that event. Drop me a line (see sig)
http://www.grandprixstore.com/

Darin Cooney
CA Chapter President

------------------
1998 (50th anniversary series) Solid Pacific Green Metallic F-150 XLT Supercab, 4.2L, Automatic (4R70W), 2WD, Limited Slip, 8.8 axle, Tow Pkg, 6' bed, Rear slider

Accessories added:

Performance:
Superchip / 4.10 gears / K&N air filter / Outerwear’s pre-filter / Ravin Z-55 muffler signal 3" in, dual 2.25" out

Suspension:
Edelbrock IAS shocks / Hellwig rear sway bar

Other accessories "added":
Color keyed outer grill / Perfect-fit bra / Stull polished grills / (4) 3A Racing 55 watt driving lights / (2) **** Cepek 150 watt driving lights, all controlled by SPDT switches / Clear corners / Fiberglass hood / Chrome F-150 emblems w/ side indicator markers / Trenz billet antenna / Power mirrors / Custom painted mirror housings / Muth signal mirrors / Driver side grab handle / White face gauges / Lloyd custom colored and embroidered floor mats Husky floor liners / B-Quiet sound deadener / Carr side steps / 3" rear seat lift / Black Max soft tonneau cover / Black Max cargo cleats / 3" body lift / OEM Chrome differential cover / Smart Park 2000 / (2) Lighted Ford logos / (2) KC HiLight 55 watt back-up lights / Viper 550 alarm (remote start) / OEM fender flares / Lift lips / BFG AT's 265/75/16 tires / (Custom painted OEM air dam, antenna cover, tailgate handle, slotted taillight covers, all plastic covers under the hood, and stone guards) / 23 tooth speed-O gear.......

Stereo:
still building......

Boston ProSeries 6.5" / Competitor 10" Subwoofer / Stock head unit with 6 CD changer.

Contact me at;
lmaox10@hotmail.com

Quick Reply: New to the Board