Expedition / Navigator

Mud Flaps???

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2000, 01:19 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Mud Flaps???

I want a set of mud flaps for my new '00 EB Expy. I called my dealer and the parts guy said that his computer indicates "late availability" but he can get '99 EB flaps.

My question is What is the difference between 99 & 00 EB Expeditions? Will the 99's fit/look right? Or do I just have to go have a look at them and see if they'll fit.

Thanks

Bryan

------------------
2000 EB Expedition Med Wedgewood 5.4L Lmt Slip, LLS, Stock for now except the bug shield, and soon to be mudflaps.

Old 10-29-2000, 05:59 AM
Bryan,

There ahould not be any difference between the '99 & '00 mudflaps. I believe that there were no body changes between those year makes.

Only thing that I think would be different is the emblems may be different. I would check with the dealer on that.

Hope this helps!!

------------------
'98 EB Expy 4x4
5.4L 3.73 LS
Trail.Tow & Skidplate Pkg.

DA MODS....

** Custom Fab. 4" Cold Air Enclosure
** Pro-M 80mm MAF w/Filter & SC cal.(Enclosed)
** WMS Velocity Tube
** 75mm Edelbrock/BBK TB
** Hand Ported TB/Intake Elbow
** Magnason/Eaton M90 Supercharger
** Autometer Boost Gauge w/ A-pillar mounted pod
** Cust. Prog. Superchip
** JBA Jet Black Ceramic Coated Headers
** Stage 8 Locking Header Bolts
** Gibson Sweptside Catback
** IPD Rear Anti-Swaybar
** Bilstein Shocks
** Manik Grill/Brush and Rear Taillight Guards
** PIAA 520 Foglights
** Clear Corner Lens
** Stull Billet Grill and Bumper Insert
** Ford Molded Mud Guards
** Ford Hood Guard
** "EXPEDITION" Receiver Cover

COMING UP NEXT, IN THE FUTURE....

** 4.30 gears
** Brembo Crossed Drilled Brake Kit
** 18" Wheels, due to Brembos
** F1 Cobra style hood

"Its Sooo Big...Its Gotta to be Blown!"

Old 10-30-2000, 01:00 PM
I have the same problem. The dealer called the manufacturer since they couldn't get anything out of Ford. Apparently the flaps will match the color of the new tanish colored running boards.

I've been waiting since Aug. The manufacturer said they are ready to go but ford hasn't turned them on for production even though they have them in the catalogs.

If you hear anymore please write in---Bob

------------------

The vehicle above is one of many. Try refreshing. It goes by random but the Expy was exactly like mine. Now it's a
2000 EB Expedition 5.4L, Estate Green with all the perks,3.55 LS,Heated and Signal Mirrors and Seats Moon Roof. Auto adjusting peddles,seats, and mirrors. Rhino Step Bar (coming), Ford Bug Shield,Even the hitch propeller, More to come... My 99 Expy was destroyed in a Wisconsin Tornado (No B.S.) Allstate did good by me but I still took a hit on mileage.

[This message has been edited by ExpyBob (edited 10-30-2000).]

Old 10-30-2000, 08:21 PM
Exclamation

Well i went out and got the '99's put on. They are black and just have the Ford logo on them. They fit around the trim good, about a 1/4 inch off on the rear ones under the body, not near the trim, and I think the factory screw in the back doesn't match up with a hole on the flap, but all in all looks good. I might consider the 2000's if they look better, but these look fine, I will post some pictures in a day or two.

Bryan

------------------
2000 EB Expedition Med Wedgewood 5.4L Lmt Slip, LLS, Stock for now except the bug shield, and soon to be mudflaps.

Old 11-03-2000, 02:57 PM
Exclamation

Well I finally got some pictures of them on the web, I can tell you in a couple of days how well they work, we're fixin' to get more rain.

Pics: http://www.safetybaby.com/jtw/flaps.htm

Bryan

------------------

Old 11-29-2000, 04:30 PM
After seeing your truck - I just ordered a set today for my 1999. They fit with no mods? The look to clear the front edge of the running board also. I pick mine up tomorrow from the dealer - I spent like $71 plus tax. Thanks for posting the pics!

------------------
1999 Expedition EB, 4x4, 5.4, LLS, K&N with airbox mod, Lund Interceptor Bug Guard, Hooker 3" Chrome tip, Clear corner lenses, Castrol Synthetic

1987 Mustang LX50 Convertible - ProM Mass Air Conversion, Cobra Intake, Ported TFS TW heads, Steeda cam, full MAC exhaust, NOS dry Nitrous Kit, FRRP Springs, Koni Reds, and much more....

http://fastfreddy.stangnet.com

Old 11-30-2000, 05:14 PM
BDS
What are the part numbers for the mud flaps???

Also what difficulties does anyone run into with warrenty when "chips" "air intakes" and "exhaust mods" ae added???

Quick Reply: Mud Flaps???