Expedition / Navigator

Navigational System Lockout

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2000, 09:34 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Navigational System Lockout

This summer the wife and I drove across the US (West to East and back) utilizing the navigational system.
My biggest complaint and am looking for a FIX or MOD is that the navigational system can not be adjusted while moving. What this means is that you must select your destination and setting while you are stopped. I do understand why they did this.. So I don’t play with it while I am cruising…. But this function also keeps the passenger from changing anything. You see my dilemma. If you are zipping along I feel the passenger should be able to search for information. (gas stations , Hotels what ever) while cursing along.

Anyone know of a fix?

------------------
2000 Navigator. Laser Red, Every option. , (DOHC) cams-32 valve Intech , (6) Bolt Mains, K&N FIPK , Superchip, True Duel Flowmaster 50 series. 2X SISO , vented out each side. Rear air deflector, Bug deflector, PIAA, headlights (SUPERWHITE)

Looking at Hitting 400 Hp without a blower. Using in addition, headers (If possible)
(Waiting for JBA to develope Headers)

“91” F150 4X4 Shorty “Ultimate Off Road Edition” Borge Warner T18 4 speed, Traction Lock Front and Rear Differentials., Smitty Built Duel Tube Roll Bar, Moog Super Off Road Coil Springs, Factory 2” Lift Rancho RS 9000 Shocks , Stock Front “QUAD SETUP” 33x12.5 (B.F. Goodrich) Mud Terrain Warn Winch Combo Bush Bar with Warn XD9000I Winch. Full Factory Skid Plates. 302 Long Block, K&N FIPK JBA Chrome Headers, Custom Catback using Flowmaster Muffler, Duel out side behind rear wheel.

Quick Reply: Navigational System Lockout