Expedition / Navigator

Expo Running Board Installation!

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2001, 07:18 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Expo Running Board Installation!

DOES ANYONE HAVE INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS FOR RUNNING BOARDS FOR A FORD EXPEDITION? MY EXPO DIDN'T COME WITH THEM AND I JUST BOUGHT SOME FACTORY USED ONES. AM I GOING TO HAVE TO DRILL? PLEASE HELP!!!

Old 02-23-2001, 08:44 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Welcome to the site!

If they are factory boards & you got the original mounting brackets, no drilling should be required. You'll want to see about wiring the lights if the vehicle doesn't already have the connectors in place.

Old 02-23-2001, 10:09 PM
I ordered mine without boards and the plugs are there. I had to adjust my friends to be in a little more bec they were stick way out. As for the rest of the bracket there are bolts that go in underneath by the floor board (in the channel) you'll see, it's easy.

------------------
My truck at:

http://www.streetscenemag.com/ViewOw...?ProfileID=202

Old 02-24-2001, 05:45 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Silver X:
[B]I ordered mine without boards and the plugs are there. I had to adjust my friends to be in a little more bec they were stick way out. As for the rest of the bracket there are bolts that go in underneath by the floor board (in the channel) you'll see, it's easy.

Did you have to use bolts with the screws? I can't see where bolts go? I can see the holes where they go but nowhere do I see how I get to that side. They screw in from the bottom to the top correct?

Old 02-24-2001, 06:29 PM
When you look in the channel there might be black tape type stuff covering the bolt holes. As for the rest, if you look along the lip there are 2 holes (I think it's 2) that you need to have speed clips (but a nut type) so the bolt will thread in. About 8 on each side, 2 for each bracket and I think there are 4 for that? If you have more trouble I just have to go under and look to give a more exact detail if needed.

------------------
My truck at:

http://www.streetscenemag.com/ViewOw...?ProfileID=202

Quick Reply: Expo Running Board Installation!