Expedition / Navigator

Lower an Expy

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2001, 09:05 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Lower an Expy

I need to know the cheapest, safest, quickest, easiest way to lower an Expy 2 inches. I assume coils for the front would be the logical choice, but will I need the extra alignment kit with only 2 inches of drop? What can I do with the rear...does NOT have the air factory air suspension, its a regular 2WD Sport Expy. Thanks all.

------------------
Steve
Mine:
1999 F-150 Sport Supercab
Bright Red 4.6L Auto
Billet Grill, Billet Ant, Clear Corners, Sony CD Player, Pioneers in all doors, Kicker 100si Amp, MTX preformed underseat box. Fiberglass Bed Cover
Hers:
2000 Expy Sport
Black, Grey Leather 5.4L
Clear Corners, Alpine CD Player, Punch 150 Amp, JL Audio preformed sub box in rear panel.

Old 02-23-2001, 10:04 PM
You can get a 2in front and rear DJM drop. Would need the alignment kit but you'll get away with the stock shocks. Some do a 2in DJM front coil and a 3in rear Bell Tech Coil.

------------------
My truck at:

http://www.streetscenemag.com/ViewOw...?ProfileID=202

Old 02-26-2001, 06:02 PM
had to lower mine two inches so it would fit in the garage where my wife works. best way was to remove the two bars that go across the top of the truck. The garage hieght is 6 ft 4 inches height of expy with bars on is 6ft 6 inches lost two inches with the removal of bars

Quick Reply: Lower an Expy