Expedition / Navigator

In Cabin Filter Location

Search this Thread

Old 12-25-2000, 02:19 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question In Cabin Filter Location

Anyone with and Eddie Bauer even changed their in cabin filter? I think the in cabin filter is unique to the climate control system which I believe is only available on the EB. I could be wrong.

It's time to changes mine and I haven't even looked to see if I can find it.

Any help would be great.

------------------
2000 Eddie Bauer Expedition 4x2
Estate Green
5.4 ltr
3:55 LS rear
Tow Package
Superchip
Airaid FIPK
Rear Load Leveling
Moonroof
Century Child Seat!
Gibson Stainless Steel Swept Side Ordered and Backordered!

Old 12-31-2000, 12:14 AM
Going once.......Wow, has no one done this? Yuk, I hate to have to have the dealer do it.

------------------
2000 Eddie Bauer Expedition 4x2
Estate Green
5.4 ltr
3:55 LS rear
Tow Package
Superchip
Airaid FIPK
Rear Load Leveling
Moonroof
Century Child Seat!
Gibson Stainless Steel Swept Side Ordered and Backordered!

Old 12-31-2000, 03:20 PM
What you are looking for should be under the glove box. Stick your head under there and take a peep up.

------------------
My truck at:

http://www.streetscenemag.com/ViewOw...?ProfileID=202

Old 02-24-2001, 04:41 PM
Unhappy

You won't believe this, well maybe you will. After 6 months of trying to get mine in the shop (Payton-Wright in Grapevine Tx.) The Service Advisor told me that the Expedition and Navigator don't have the in-cabin filter. He went on to say he's been doing this for quite some time and he thinks he's right. He said only a few Ford and Lincoln cars have them.

This is the 1st time in the shop and it was only for the tow hitch recall and the window moldings. I dropped it off and thought to myself, "Maybe I should have just buy the parts, done it myself and ate the cost". I had this sick feeling in my gut about leaving it in the hands of a dealer. I really hate that, I should feel good about it especaily since this is my 1st trip to a Ford dealer. Huffines Jeep (both of them) really messed up my confidence. Even Autohaus Mercedes after using them for over 10 years has given me a few horror stories

:Edit:
I picked it up, everything looks fine. The window moldings are different and look better but we'll see if they don't fade and peel.

Talked to a guy at the parts counter who may have cleared up the in-cabin filter issue. He said they don't come equiped with them, that's where the $80 kit and the cutting and bloody knuckles come in. You have to install the kit, then you gave to replace the filter. Hmm, odd that all of Fords maintenance data requires replacing the filter every 15k miles, and I know in sales data the filteration is talked up. Maybe I'm missing something.......
------------------
2000 EDDIE BAUER EXPEDITION 4x2
-->Come share my Addiction<--

[This message has been edited by FamilyRide (edited 02-24-2001).]

Old 03-02-2001, 10:50 PM
01X
We had a 2000 windstar for a year and the filter was under the plastic housing between the hood and windshield.

Old 03-07-2001, 03:06 PM
That's not the place on a Expy. I had mine installed on this as well as my last one. It works. Its below glove box. I paid them to install it. I'll see what's involved in changing it soon. Almost 15K miles.

------------------

The vehicle above is one of many. Try refreshing. It goes by random but the Expy was exactly like mine. Now it's a
2000 EB Expedition 5.4L, Estate Green with all the perks,3.55 LS,Heated and Signal Mirrors and Seats Moon Roof. Auto adjusting peddles,seats, and mirrors. Rhino Step Bar (coming), Ford Bug Shield,Even the hitch propeller, More to come... My 99 Expy was destroyed in a Wisconsin Tornado (No B.S.) Allstate did good by me but I still took a hit on mileage.

[This message has been edited by ExpyBob (edited 03-08-2001).]

Quick Reply: In Cabin Filter Location