Expedition / Navigator

2001 Expy Vibration

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2001, 08:59 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool

Well folks here's the latest (and last) update on our Expy vibration problems...

We picked up a new 2001 EB yesterday afternoon. Since the dealership didn't have one exactly like the one we bought they let us take our pick from thier inventory. We picked one that was the same color (Med Wedgewood) had all the options we originally had plus a few extras (moonroof / 2nd row capatins chairs / rear entertainment system). We traded keys and signed a few papers and that was it!

The sad part is the Epxy we had problems with will now go on the used car lot and some unsuspecting buyer will end up with it. Here in GA the "lemon law" doesn't apply to used cars. Sure, it still has the factory warranty but after numerous repair attempts the dealership coulndn't fix it.

I can't say enough about how nice we were treated during this frustrating period. Everyone at the dealership from the sales and service folks to the general manager did their best to make us happy.... and they did!

Now that that's behind us I'll start looking for a 2001 Super Crew :-)

Old 03-14-2001, 02:07 AM
Talking

I had a '97 and a'98 EB 4x4.
The '98 went back to ford on a by back last year due to drive line vibration.
From a stop at 1600 rpm there was a quick vibration long story short they said it was the rear end yolk and drive shaft getting out of alignment at take off but they couldn't fix due to the fact there aren't any spring perches to tilt the rear end. They told me to live with it I took them to arbitration and won. They had to refund all my money, I drove it for 24 months for free!
I still have my Lightning but have moved back to BMW.

-Joe C.

Old 03-15-2001, 12:13 AM
I have 99 EB 4x4 5.4 which has the climate control. I notice occassional vibration at 800-900 rpm in traffic. I think it might be when the A/C switches on, and consider this normal for the extra load. No vibration at speed. As a note, I have the tires rotated and balanced every 6K miles or so.

By the way, I thought of trading it in on a '01 F-150 Lariat with all the same options. I pull a boat, and every time I put those rods, fish coolers, and a wet dog in the back of the Expy, it makes me cringe with all that leather. Very disappointed at trade in. Terrible! Depreciated over 60 percent on a truck with only 13K miles and still under warranty.

Cheers

Quick Reply: 2001 Expy Vibration