Expedition / Navigator

Steeda or Roush Expy

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2000, 10:20 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Steeda or Roush Expy

Has anyone else been to www.steeda.com and seen the Expedition they offer?

Or to www.roushperf.com and seen what they offer? (no engine performance listed)

Have any of you actually seen or driven one of these vehicles?

I am considering looking into this more seriously after the first of the year and would like somebody else's opinion, other than my wife who thinks its STUPID.

Thanks guys/gals

Trey

------------------
'97 Expy 4.6L, 2wd XLT, Airaid, Rancho 5000, Superchip

Old 10-19-2000, 10:04 PM
Since nobody wants to reply, I guess I will reply to my own.

Went today and drove a Roush Expy. VERY Nice ride, compared to my 97 4.6L, it was a world of difference.

What Roush did if you want to know was:
1. Lowered suspension 2" all the way around with Roush springs & Billstein shocks, sway bar, etc.
2. Roush cat-back exhaust
3. Roush custom interior, Billet pedals, carbon fiber faceplates around stereo and door controls.
4. 18.5" Roush wheels with Toyo tires

They are adding a supercharger package after the first of the year. Will perform much like the lightning I was told.

Old 10-31-2000, 05:01 PM
Big... no wait... huge bucks!

Old 11-21-2000, 11:08 AM
Talking

Just a little food for thought. The lot that I bought my 97 Expy from got a Roush Expy in. I stopped to look at it and it actually belonged to a salesman there. After looking at it, It didn't look any better than what you can do to a stock one for much less money. As far as running, I didn't have my Superchip installed and we raced and he only beat me by maybe a front fender. I have sinced reinstalled my Superchip and we plan on going at it again. I think this time I will keep kneck to kneck with him.

The point I am trying to make is that the Roush is a lot of money compared to what you can do with a stock one yourself.

AGAIN....THIS IS JUST MY OPINION.

Stephen

Old 11-21-2000, 10:27 PM
Talking

Stephen-
Your absolutly right, it is a bunch of money to spend. I drove one and since I only have the 4.6L it was a tremendous difference. I also really liked the stance of it (2 inches lower with 18" wheels).
However, I have been doing some research since I drove it and found that I can do almost the same modifications using other parts,(Bilstein shocks, Eibach springs, etc.) and get the same effect, well minus the 5.4L.

Old 11-21-2000, 10:41 PM
Banned
Hey BLueOval. i have a freind who put the roush package on his f150 and he also has a kennybell supercharger. he also has the 4.6. about a month ago me,him, and a bunch of lightings went to the tracks and he raced a lighting. he held up prety good with the lightnings. if you shoot me an email ill give you his email if you wanna contact him. also i live about an hour from the OK border and there is a roush dealership by me that sales mustangs,expy's and f150's if youde like to get ahold of them email me.

chrishollis@hotmail.com

Old 03-21-2001, 11:56 AM
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by BluOvalOK:
Has anyone else been to www.steeda.com and seen the Expedition they offer?

Or to www.roushperf.com and seen what they offer? (no engine performance listed)

Have any of you actually seen or driven one of these vehicles?

I am considering looking into this more seriously after the first of the year and would like somebody else's opinion, other than my wife who thinks its STUPID.

Thanks guys/gals

Trey

</font>
I took delivery of my 2001 Roush Expedition in January. It has 4-corner load leveling. Roush added Bilsteins, 18 x 9.5 inch wheels with 285/60X18 tires, a 3-inch exhaust with a 4-inch tailpipe, reworked seats, a different bumper cover and foglights, and some Roush front and rear window insignia. The only complaint I had with the truck was with the 4-inch tailpipe exiting out the rear. There was a hell of an exhaust drone at 2000-2500 rpm and the tailpipe banged against the trailer hitch. Easily resolved by goint to the muffler shop and getting a 3-inch twin outlet tailpipe with resonators installed for about $100. Problem gone. To drive a Roush against stock, you'd never know they were the same truck. As far as engine mods go, the only thing that Roush did was to install a larger intake tube from the air box to the throttle body. I altered that, too. I took off the airbox, cut it open, installed a K&N air filter and a Granatelli air flow sensor. I figure with that and the exhaust system, I'm generating close to 300 hp and 360 ft/lbs of torque.

Old 03-21-2001, 10:59 PM
ehb5150,

Can you please post pics of your Roush Expedition or email me with some? My email is vasquez_roberto@hotmail.com
Also, is your Expy a 4wd (since you have the 4 corner load leveling suspension? If so, what model bilstein shocks are used on your Expedition? Thanks in advance.

Robert

Old 03-22-2001, 12:32 AM
When shopping for my EXPY. I saw one of these at a dallas dealership. It looked good with the big tires and all,but as for performance,they didnt do a whole lot to it.
Considering the price was near 50,000!!!!! They also had a roush mustang there,it also looked awesome, alot like a saleen, but a stock gt would run with it for a lot less $. If you have the $ to throw down,they would make nice rides. Oh yea, does the wife know how much these things cost? You may noy get it anyways!!!

------------------
2000 EB EXPY
5.4,3.55LS
K&N
Superchip
Gibson SS exhaust

Old 03-22-2001, 11:27 AM
01X
So does this mean that i can achieve the same look with 18x9.5 wheels? I like the way the wheels and tires fill up the fender well. I thought they did some kind of suspension upgrades, like lowering it. Am I wrong?

Old 03-22-2001, 06:17 PM
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by drcarrillo:
ehb5150,

Can you please post pics of your Roush Expedition or email me with some? My email is vasquez_roberto@hotmail.com
Also, is your Expy a 4wd (since you have the 4 corner load leveling suspension? If so, what model bilstein shocks are used on your Expedition? Thanks in advance.

Robert
</font>
My expedition is a 4wd. Roush installed the standard aftermarket Bilsteins (I think there is only one model of Bilstein for the aftermarket as opposed to the ones that GM uses for OEM). If you will e-mail me your mailing address, I'll send you some photos. (EHB5150@aol.com)

Quick Reply: Steeda or Roush Expy