Expedition / Navigator

Gibson side swept installed today...Holy crap!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2001, 09:43 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey Guys - I have decided on a Gibson exhaust, but I have one question. Has anyone looked at the Dual Sport System with the dual outlets at the stock location? I love the dual outlets, but I want to avoid "too much" noise and a drone at highway speeds. Give me your opinions, but I have decided on the Gibson due to y'all's experiences.

------------------
Bigworm
'97 XLT Expedition 4X4
4.6L V8, BFG 265/75R16 A/Ts & Lots of dreams

Bigworm's WebSite
Bigworm's Photos

Old 03-25-2001, 12:00 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

Do a search I think in exhaust systems under aftermarket. A few people have done them and I think someone posted pics of the exit as I did for someone that wanted to see how they looked.

Gibson told me the Swept Side was about 2-3 decibals louder than stock where the Dual Sport was about 4-5. SO yes, it will be loouder. I know one person that posted about it, he had a heck of a time getting it to hang with the 2 pipes. I would recommend letting a good muffler shop install it.

If you have the Tow pakage with the OEM hitch, it might be tougher to get a good fir back there. I had to go back and tweak my Swept Side to shorten it up so it was away from the bracket. However, they went to a larger hitch bracket in 2000 so it does make it tougher.

Either one I'm sure you'll be happy. I think if I were to buy another Expy, it would get the Dual Sport. But I'd buy a fairly striped XLT with the power and drive train and I'd mod the hell out of it!

------------------
2000 EDDIE BAUER EXPEDITION 4x2
  • Estate Green
  • 5.4 ltr
  • 3:55 LS rear
  • Superchip!
  • Airaid FIPK
  • Gibson S/S Swept Side Cat Back Exhaust
  • Hellwig Rear Anti-Sway Bar
  • Edelbrock Performer IAS Shocks
  • Xenon Super White Head and Driving Lights
  • Clear Corners
  • Tow Package
  • Rear Load Leveling
  • Moonroof
  • Century Child Seat!
  • Front Polyurethane Anti-Sway Bar Bushings recieved, wrong part number

-->Come share my Addiction<--

[This message has been edited by FamilyRide (edited 03-31-2001).]

Quick Reply: Gibson side swept installed today...Holy crap!!