Expedition / Navigator

Expy Mirror Replacement

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2001, 04:22 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Expy Mirror Replacement

I want to replace both side mirrors on my 99 to those that were used beginning with the 00 model. Has anybody already done this and if so how much and more important how much of a pain?

Old 04-18-2001, 10:56 AM
My suggestion is don't do it. On our '00 the dealer tried to replace a mirror due to excessive vibration. They ended up having to replace the whole painted portion due to thier breaking it when they took it off. So now I have a very poorly painted mirror portion with paint drips and overspray. Looks like a kid used a spray can in the parking lot of Schucks auto.

------------------
'00 EB AWD.K&N,Whitewalls turned in.
K&N Cat-Back

Old 04-18-2001, 01:16 PM
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by MHMCGILL:
My suggestion is don't do it. On our '00 the dealer tried to replace a mirror due to excessive vibration. They ended up having to replace the whole painted portion due to thier breaking it when they took it off. So now I have a very poorly painted mirror portion with paint drips and overspray. Looks like a kid used a spray can in the parking lot of Schucks auto.

What I'm hoping for is to find two salvage mirror assemblies (same color if I'm real lucky)and just remove and reinstall the whole thing. Make the dealer redo the paint job or give your kids a can of paint and let them paint his mirrors.

</font>

Old 04-18-2001, 01:50 PM
Good idea. Actually I think the guys in the body shop must have been sniffing the paint first. It has three runs and the turn signal had to be scraped off. I think that I will just live with it. Somethings are just not worth it.

------------------
'00 EB AWD.K&N,Whitewalls turned in.
K&N Cat-Back

Quick Reply: Expy Mirror Replacement