Expedition / Navigator

Need Fog Lamp Wiring Identification..........

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2001, 08:13 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking Need Fog Lamp Wiring Identification..........

I have a set of round fog lights from a newer Expedition/Explorer. They are almost 5 inches round and the lens is clear glass, not reflective. I got them at a swap meet so am not quite sure which year they are for. I will be wiring them on to my 97 F150. What I need to know is which of the two wires on the connector is ground and which is positive? Looking at the connector from the wire side that plugs into the bulb, I see a "T" inside of a triangle above the left wire and "E12" above the right wire. Hopefully someone here will have a Haynes or Chilton manual to give me the answer?

Thanks in advance.

------------------
97 F150 Reg Cab Short Bed
4.2L Auto
Current Performance mods=
Accel 9000Series Race Plug Wires
Motorcraft Platinum Plugs 60 Series Heat Rating
K&N Air Filter(Modified Stock Airbox)
Flowmaster 40 Single in/out.
B&M Shift Improver Kit(highly recommend!!)
Current Musical Improvements=
California Profile3600 running two front Pioneer5x7 three way speakers and a single 10" Cerwin Vega in my homebuilt port tuned box.
Pioneer Cassette/cd control head unit with matching Pioneer 6 disc changer.
1/2 Farad Stinger cap.

My other truck is an in the works 1950 Ford pickup.

Old 04-18-2001, 11:48 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
To my knowledge, there have been no "round" fog lights on an Expedition. Our lights are exactly like those on an F150.

The lights you bought may be off an Explorer, but that's a totally different beast. You may have to hit one of their sites and ask them.

------------------
1997 4x4 Expedition- 4.6L, true dual exhaust w/Ravin DI/DO, K&N air filter, SuperChip, airbox mods, Edelbrock shocks, 285/75R16 BFG ATs, 2000 F150 "XLT" wheels, 4.10 gears, Auburn LS, Clarion In-dash CD player, Smitty Bilt push bars and nerf bars.

2001 4x4 F350 SD XLT CrewCab LWB- 6.8L, Offroad Pkg, HD Suspension Pkg, 3.73LS, TT mirrors, 6-disc CD changer, Remote Keyless Entry, Sliding back glass, tinted windows, GoRhino nerf bars.
NoMo's site

Old 04-18-2001, 11:55 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking

Thanks Nomo. I suspected as much. Are there any Explorer owners on this board that can help me out?

Old 04-18-2001, 11:48 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
You might try asking for Explorer owners in the "general discussion" area. That forum gets a lot more traffic.

Quick Reply: Need Fog Lamp Wiring Identification..........