Expedition / Navigator

Homelink programming help needed.

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2001, 03:01 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Homelink programming help needed.

I'm sure I can call the dealer to get this information. But, how do you program the homelink system on the visor? The sticker next to it said to check the manual under "visor" but I can't find a thing about it.

Suggestions?

------------------
The old stuff:
98,White 150 supercab XLT, 3.55LS, tow pack, cd changer, SnugTop hard tonneau, DynoMax cat back

Time for the new!
2001 Expi Eddie Bauer, 5.4, 3.55 LS, Onboard babysitter (TV/VCR entertainment center)
No mods...YET!

Old 04-26-2001, 09:31 AM
I had the homelink on my 98 Maxima,not sure exactly how you programmed it,but here it is to the best of my knowledge:
There should be three buttons on visor with a little red light inside a "house" symbol in the middle button.Have whatever remotes you use to open garage door,gate,etc. with you. Hold down whichever button you want to program,at the same time have your remote in other hand up next to the visor with its button pushed also. The little red light should start blinking slowly. When the red light starts blinking rapidly,programming should be done. Continue this procedure for remaining two buttons.(this takes just a few seconds for each button)
Someone correct me on this if Im wrong!!! Again, this is how I remember it working on a 98 Maxima. Its the same system in both though.

------------------
2000 EB EXPY
3.55 LS
K&N
Gibson SS Exhaust
Moonroof
Superchip
Royal Purple 5w-30
01 lightning headlamps and corners
00 Lightning wheels with Michelin pilot LTX 285/55/18 The mod bug has bitten!!

Old 04-26-2001, 09:27 PM
Look under www.homelink.jci.com. You can download the manual right from the site. I had to do the same thing for my 2001 Expy because my truck had the "old" 2001 manual in the vinyl cover. It should be in a black woven case with Ford stitched on the front.

------------------
Laser Red,Eddie Bauer,4x4,5.4L,Loaded. Just stock for now but catching the fever!

Old 04-27-2001, 12:01 AM
Thumbs up

Thanks for the link. From your description, It sounds like I have the "old" manual, but the "new" case for it.

------------------
The old stuff:
98,White 150 supercab XLT, 3.55LS, tow pack, cd changer, SnugTop hard tonneau, DynoMax cat back

Time for the new!
2001 Expi Eddie Bauer, 5.4, 3.55 LS, Onboard babysitter (TV/VCR entertainment center)
No mods...YET!

Quick Reply: Homelink programming help needed.