Expedition / Navigator

Front-End Alignment

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2001, 09:10 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Front-End Alignment

Dealership tells me that on my 99 Expy the component to allow front end alignment was a factory option that mine does not have (of course!). Is this true? Why would any OEM make an automobile that could not have it's front-end aligned? The dealership wants $110 for parts and installation. Has anyone every had this done? Can I do it myself?

Old 04-27-2001, 04:13 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry

Ford preset the alignment like chevy does. Yes in order to adjust the camber and caster, you must purchase these incentric kits to adjust. The dealer will only install these for free if the pulling left or right is due to alignment and not the tires. And if within a certain amount time when new. Since it's a 99 I dought that you can get it for free under warrantee or you may ask them to pay for a portion. Some people have had an independent shop install them for less.
I know it sucks but this has been happening for sometime now on mostly new trucks(suv's)..

------------------
99 Expedition XLT,5.4L,4X4,3.73LS,285-75-16 KO'S9(old 17"AT/S),Airaid Intake,Superchip,Edlebrock shocks,Dynomax Super Turbo 3",Helwig Sway Arm,Polk speakers

http://home.earthlink.net/~louladot/

Quick Reply: Front-End Alignment