Expedition / Navigator

Not real happy with K&N exhaust.

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2001, 02:05 PM
Former Sponsor
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Hi MHMcGILL,

Sounds like a good choice, since K&N is using T-304 stainless, I wasn't aware that K&N was doing T-304 stainless, excellent!

The power gains we see from most good quality aftermarket exhaust systems in these vehicles is aobut 10-12 hp at the flywheel on the 4.6 and about 12-14 hp on the 5.4 motor, just to give you a rough idea.

Best of luck & enjoy,

------------------
Mike Troyer
Performance Products, Inc.
National Distributor of Superchips
(540) 862-9515
Email: mtroyer@compuserve.com
Performance Products F150Online Superchip ordering system: F150Online Superchip Ordering System
First National F-150 Online Rally Event Organizer

Old 04-18-2001, 10:52 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hello Superchips:
K&N emailed me yesterday and said "that the sounds I am hearing are normal." I guess I'm getting the kiss off. Buyer beware. Before I had some respect for them, now for sure I won't recommend thier cat-back. Oh well life goes on and unless something changes enough has been said about this. Thanks for all the help.

------------------
'00 EB AWD.K&N,Whitewalls turned in.
K&N Cat-Back

Old 04-18-2001, 02:13 PM
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by FamilyRide:
You wouldn't by chance have pics of your Roush would you? I want to find one to see what they include and how they look.

</font>
Unfortunately, I don't have pictures. But. you can go to the Roush website (either roushperf.com or roushind.com) and then go to their dealer directory which is by state. That website also shows the packages that are available.

Old 04-27-2001, 05:03 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Superchips_Distributor:
[B]Hi MHMcGILL,
I would be the first to say that if you need a stainless steel system, then I would only go with T-304 stainless steel, meaning Borla.[QUOTE]

I have the Borla cat back system. The first one I received sounded good but had the annoying drone at highway speeds. I called Borla (great company to deal with) and they informed I had an older cat back system for the Expedition. He sent me out the new and revised cat back system at no charge. The new one is quieter and does NOT have the annoying drone at highway speeds. Borla has added a small resonator after the muffler portion, right before the pipe goes up and over the rear axle. It is a nice system and it may increase power slightly but I find it amusing that people seem to really feel the small power differance in a heavy vehicle like the Expedition.

Regards, Tim

[This message has been edited by vfr800 (edited 04-28-2001).]

[This message has been edited by vfr800 (edited 04-28-2001).]

Old 04-28-2001, 01:23 AM
BTW vfr800 if you would read the prior posts you could see that the K&N is T-304

Old 04-28-2001, 01:30 AM
Have true dual with a 18" glass pack on each pipe with 2¼" pipe. Got low and high end power. Slight rumble at idle. Loud when I get on it but I don't hear it unless i have my windows open with the radio off which is rare.

------------------
1997 XLT Teal 4.6L Flareside 4x4 ORP. Automatic, Reg. cab, 3.55LS, tinted windows, bug deflector, Dual exhaust, K&N Generation 2 air filter, BullDog keyless entry/remote start, Modern 16" wheels, bedliner, Covercraft tonneau cover, White faced gauges, electronic shift on the fly, Clarion ADX5655z Double Din Cassette & CD, 4 Pioneer TS-A6865 speakers and superchip. Going to add headers.

Future mods: Supercharger, headers, NOS, tranny upgrade(heavy duty gears, clutch packs, etc.), performance torque converter, composite driveshaft, bore engine 30 over, new pistons, crank, and rods, performance heads, new L if they still make them and I like the way it looks, and a Z06 Vette or BMW Z3.

Click here to see more pictures

Old 04-28-2001, 08:19 AM
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by MHMCGILL:
BTW vfr800 if you would read the prior posts you could see that the K is T-304</font>

I know, never said they weren't. If YOU would read the prior posts you would see that I was responding to a post made by "Superchips_Distributor". I was just offering my experience with Borla.

Regards, Tim

Old 04-29-2001, 11:19 PM
Just heard today from my brother who talked to the K&N rep at the aftermarket show in Portland, that K&N is getting out of the muffler business. Cites to much competition. Apparently made the decision about a month ago. Would have been nice to know it before.

------------------
'00 EB AWD.K&N,Whitewalls turned in.
K&N Cat-Back

Quick Reply: Not real happy with K&N exhaust.