Expedition / Navigator

FamilyRide how are those Xenon lights?

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2001, 07:38 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question FamilyRide how are those Xenon lights?

Just wondering how good the Xenon Supers really are? Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. By the way I ordered the Lightning side markers today and I didn't even have to pay double. They were 45 trinkets plus tax. Actually FamilyRide while I'm asking, how about a quick rating of all your mods, if you have the time. Thanks.

------------------
Laser Red,Eddie Bauer,4x4,5.4L,Loaded,01 Lightning headlamps, more to come!

[This message has been edited by LILBEAR (edited 05-23-2001).]

Old 05-23-2001, 10:22 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Arrow

Well, if it weren't that the 80/100 Xenon's (Eurolite) were only $18 (Ebay or let me kow and I'll get the guy's email that I bought them from on Ebay. He sells dirrct as all of his auctions are Dutch) I might not have done it. They look much better looking at the truck, but as for visibility, no big deal. It's worth doing it to see how you like them. I've heard that 9005's will fit the fogs with very little modfication. I used the lower wattage 9006 and had to grind tabs and the base of the bulb. PITA!! Since you have the "L" headlights, it might be much better. Although, during the day when the lights are off, the "L" headlights might pronounce the blue on the bulbs more. If you look at mine just right, they look blue. ONce they come on, there's a hint of blue but it seems to get whiter after being on for a few minutes. Just a small, faint touch of blue on the perimeter.

I'll give the short version of the other mods.

Superchip, best mod!! Great shifts and more power.

Gibson, fantastic. Sounds great and a little more power or it could be the sound. The OEM exhaust really isn't bad, except it's queit.

Airaid, love the sound and performance. You might be ablr to get the same out of much cheaper airbox mods. But it too, looks good.

Edelbrocks IAS shocks, great! It didn't convert it to a Vette but much better. Again, OEM shocks aren't bad, but I had HD's. Cornering and bumps are better, they recover much quicker. More stable and if you hop a curb now and then, sooo much better. Part of that is attributed to the Helwig too. I found better "bobbing" control with the Helwig. Fron Sway Bar bushings, little better feel, more responsive.

All in all, the suspension mods have done this: there's a place where I exit a Frwy and do a complete circle to another Frwy. Used to, I'd better be doing 30-35 mid way through and that waas pushing it. The front end would plow and I'd feel like I could easily loose control if I pushed it. Now I can hit it easily at 45-50 and still accelerate. The tire start to bawl but I have great control. The first time I tried it, I had a late model Vette behind me and he fell behind me. Of course I was testing it.

Mobil 1 ATF in the power steering pump, much quieter even when cold.

I haven't said it in a long time but I have an Expy, a 6000# (full of gas and people) and when I leave a tool booth, I go first if I want to. (of course I've never ran into an "L" in a toll booth)

I've done 4 0-60 tests and best time (twice) was 8.22, next was 8.34 and a really bad launch was 8.76 I believe it was.

MPG can be much better now. Overall I'm getting about 1-1.5 better but I can eaily get that to 2-3 better around town if I drive it like a truck. Before, no matter what I did, I couldn't get much better milage. Premuim fuel also helps. I run Texaco Power Premium and it makes a big difference.

I'd like to move to Mobil 1 ATF in the tranny and at the same time install a shift kit. I want to supercharge it now but I'll probably come to my senses first!!

Ok, with that being the short version, you're probably scared to ask another question fearing I might give you the long version.

Whatever you do, don't expect to have a hotrod from doing these things. If money is at all a factor, spend it somewhere else. If it's not after saving and investing etc. do that first. It's fun but you aren't going out and taking any 'Stang's without a lot, I mean a lot of money and serious mods.

Good luck!!

------------------
2000 EDDIE BAUER EXPEDITION 4x2
-->Follow Me...<--

[This message has been edited by FamilyRide (edited 05-23-2001).]

Quick Reply: FamilyRide how are those Xenon lights?