Expedition / Navigator

Door Locks

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2009, 12:48 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Door Locks

Hello to everyone I have a question that I hope you all can help me with, I have a 2001 Navi. I just finished searching the F-150 forums and this forum under door locks and keyless entry, have not found an answer yet. A month ago all my door locks (passenger side, both back doors and trunk lock) with the exception of driver side door stop responding to my remote. I press the remote unlock button once (unlock drivers door) then wait a sec and press again to unlock back doors. Even when I'm sitting in the truck and hit the unlock button only the driver side will open and no sound from any of the other doors.
Now when I press the remote button a second time I do not hear a click or anything, even when I sit inside of the truck and press the button nothing. I refuse to believe that all the actuators went out at once, one or two maybe but not all. I do expect to hear one or more components at least trying to engage when I hit the button. What componets are involved with the door locks? Door locks, actuators, solenoids, disengaged rod, latch/lock cylinders am I missing something from this list? I also came across something called a door control module?
I figure if I can get a list of components and understand what they do I can use the process of elimination to determine the problem, then make the repair. Thanks for any help that can be given.

I just wanted to add this in after rechecking my remote, I went back to my truck open the driver door and sat inside. I hit unlock and heard a clicking sound come from under the dash near the steering wheel, when I hit lock on the remote all the doors and back door engage just thought I would add more info.

Last edited by 1NaviOwner; 09-27-2009 at 01:45 PM. Reason: Still troubleshooting problem.
Old 10-06-2009, 06:06 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 1NaviOwner
Hello to everyone I have a question that I hope you all can help me with, I have a 2001 Navi. I just finished searching the F-150 forums and this forum under door locks and keyless entry, have not found an answer yet. A month ago all my door locks (passenger side, both back doors and trunk lock) with the exception of driver side door stop responding to my remote. I press the remote unlock button once (unlock drivers door) then wait a sec and press again to unlock back doors. Even when I'm sitting in the truck and hit the unlock button only the driver side will open and no sound from any of the other doors.
Now when I press the remote button a second time I do not hear a click or anything, even when I sit inside of the truck and press the button nothing. I refuse to believe that all the actuators went out at once, one or two maybe but not all. I do expect to hear one or more components at least trying to engage when I hit the button. What componets are involved with the door locks? Door locks, actuators, solenoids, disengaged rod, latch/lock cylinders am I missing something from this list? I also came across something called a door control module?
I figure if I can get a list of components and understand what they do I can use the process of elimination to determine the problem, then make the repair. Thanks for any help that can be given.

I just wanted to add this in after rechecking my remote, I went back to my truck open the driver door and sat inside. I hit unlock and heard a clicking sound come from under the dash near the steering wheel, when I hit lock on the remote all the doors and back door engage just thought I would add more info.
No one?

Quick Reply: Door Locks