Expedition / Navigator

ATTN: Mike-comp code on expy

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2001, 07:51 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post ATTN: Mike-comp code on expy

I've had a Superchip in my 97 F-150 about 1 year now and have decided to put one in my 98 expy. Where is the code? ALs does anyone have pics of a dual exaust exit? I will probably do a Gibson single in dual out. Any suggestions? Thanks.

Old 05-25-2001, 08:19 PM
Former Sponsor
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Hi Adam-K,

OK, the location for your code sticker is in the same place on your 1998 Expedition as it was on your 1997 F-150. Both the computers themselves and the code stickers are located in exactly the same place on 1997 & newer F-150's & Expeditions.

The place to find your code sticker is over on the passenger side of the vehicle. Open your front passenger door, and then look in the front part of the door frame, in between the door hinges, and there you should see your code sticker, it will be the same type of code format as your '97 F-150, 3 letters and 1 number.

If for some reason that sticker is missing, then just go under the hood, behind the battery and look at the code sticker on the wiring harness "hub" where it connects to the front of the computer, that's the wiring harness for the computer that has the single 10mm bolt head dead-center of the harness. Where that harness attaches to the front of the computer, there is another white sticker very close to the firewall on that harness "hub", and you can usually see the code sticker there as well.

Let us know if you have any trouble finding the code, & have a great weekend!

------------------
Mike Troyer
Performance Products, Inc.
National Distributor of Superchips
(540) 862-9515
Email: mtroyer@compuserve.com
Performance Products F150Online Superchip ordering system: F150Online Superchip Ordering System
First National F-150 Online Rally Event Organizer

Quick Reply: ATTN: Mike-comp code on expy