Expedition / Navigator

Newby Q's

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2001, 11:09 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Newby Q's

Well after running into problems with my 1988 Jeep Grand Wagoneer I seem to have inherited my parents `98 Exped EB, with 73k on it. I love the truck, especially becuase you don't have to calculate miles/quarts of oil! Well all kidding aside I see it as a vehicle my Fiance and I will keep for a long time. OK Question Time

#1 For some unknown reason the airbag light is on sometimes and goes through a blinking sequence upon startup. Anyone else have this problem, or know what it might be?

#2 Our moonroof is no longer functional. When you hit the button you can hear the motor turning but nothing happens. Could it just be off track?

#3 I know since it is a `98 it has the lower horsepower 5.4L, so what is the best way to sqeeze out more power and maybe some better gass mileage? From what I have gathered a Conical K&N type cold air tube, Superchip, and either a Flowmaster of Gibson Cat-back exhuast.

We plan on using the Exped for daily driving trip back and forth from Tx to Ks, and for towing our CJ-5 on our trailer to and from the trail. Which means alot of miles towing. Any imput on these subjects is greatly appreciated.

Also my Mom replaced this one with a 2001 "Southern Comfort" Conversions Exped. A very nice ride.

Sorry about the long post and I look forward to being a part of this forum. Thanks again

------------------
RJ Lynn
waggie@flamincj5.com
Texas A&M University FTAC `01
Chief Engineer, Texas A&M Solar Motorsports Team
President, A&M Student Chapter ASME-Tech
`98 Exped EB 4x4 5.4L, 4W LLS, 3.73 Gear LS, Moonroof yadda yadd yadda
`76 Jeep CJ5 SOA Lockers & Stuff

Old 05-29-2001, 11:23 PM
Thumbs up

Welcome to the boards.

I'll answer one of the questions. Yes, those 3 things will be the first 3 you should do to improve MPG and drivability, especaily for towing. I'd say the SuperCHip first. From there, it's up to you. Some claim equal gains form a K&N drop in or customer airbox mod vs spending $200+ on an FIPK. If you go for exhaust, I highly recommend Gibson Swept Side for towing. And it sounds good too. Just don't expect window rattling rumbles.

The moonroof I'd recommend having a dealer look at it, just because I have no idea. The airbag light sounds familiar. Check the owners manual. If you don't have it, I think you can download it in .pdf format from Ford.

Good luck!!

------------------
2000 EDDIE BAUER EXPEDITION 4x2
-->Follow Me...<--

Old 05-30-2001, 08:49 PM
Thanks for the info. I am gonna take a look at the sunroof myself first, If I can't get it I will take it to the dealer. Thanks again

------------------
RJ Lynn
waggie@flamincj5.com
Texas A&M University FTAC `01
Chief Engineer, Texas A&M Solar Motorsports Team
President, A&M Student Chapter ASME-Tech
`98 Exped EB 4x4 5.4L, 4W LLS, 3.73 Gear LS, Moonroof yadda yadd yadda
`76 Jeep CJ5 SOA Lockers & Stuff

Quick Reply: Newby Q's