Expedition / Navigator

Hood deflector

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2001, 11:25 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey Ride:
Don't you just love flying at 75 down the highway and running thru those swarms that sound like you are driving thru heavy rain or a sand storm?

Yes, deflectors are worth it, but I hate the way that they mess up the flow of rain around the windsheild and wipers.

------------------
Greg Andrews

Old 06-04-2001, 02:45 PM
    Didn't know I'd stir the pot so much on this issue. I got one from the Ford dealer while out of town on business. They were $20 cheaper than here at home. which is why I brought up the question in the first place.

I live in Fl, and in the fall, the lovebugs are terrible. Last year, I drove to Atlanta. By the time I came back, the hood was a mess. When I took it in to get it detailed, they must have used a scotch pad to get the bug guts off, and scratched the paint off. So the deflector serves two purposes; to cover up that mess, and prevent it from happening again. Otherwise, it wouldn't have one either.

Cheers

------------------

Old 06-04-2001, 05:32 PM
    Hey I forgot to mention the windshield wiper deflectors. You just gotta have those. BTW I wouldn't listen to me. Hell I can't even post a pic. I figure in a year or so my 5yr old will show me how.

------------------
    '00 EB AWD.K&N,
    Whitewalls turned in.
    K&N Cat-Back
    Clarion Mobile Video

Old 06-04-2001, 10:37 PM
    Thumbs up

G Andrews,

Oh ya. It's even better down around hHoutson in the piney woods. Or like down 45 towards Friendswood etc.

It you let it go long enough, you can peel the off in large sheets. They just keep piling up in layers. And fill all the cracks, grill, headlights etc. Ya gotta love it!

------------------
    2000 EDDIE BAUER EXPEDITION 4x2
    -->Follow Me...<--

Quick Reply: Hood deflector