Expedition / Navigator

Expedition Console Removal

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2009, 04:50 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Expedition Console Removal

I have a 2000 Expedition and I'm looking to mount a satellite radio bracket inside of the coin holder/ junk box at the front. I need to take the top of the console off to bolt it on from the back and to run the wires up behind the climate controls to the radio. I removed the screw under the rubber mat in the bottom of the box and the screw under the latch for the lid of the cd player box. Can I lift the top part of the console off the bottom part at this point? Or do I need to remove the entire console to get to more screws? After removing the screws it feels looser but I feel some resistance. I don't want to break anything.

I hope this amateur explanation makes sense.

Thanks

Old 10-08-2009, 12:30 AM
Hmmm i think i get what youre trying to say...i have a 2000 expedition as well...so if im right youre trying to remove all of the plastic trim pieces around the radio head unit? If so, it is a more involved but relatively easy process...check out the How to Cluster Color Change and it gives a detailed process on how to take the dash apart...there are some minor differences in the process with the 2000 expy but the main idea is the same.

Hope this helps!

https://www.f150online.com/forums/ar...r-97-03-a.html

Old 10-08-2009, 01:13 AM
Technical Article Contributor

heres how to install the console it may help out

http://www.svtperformance.com/forums...nsole-how.html

Quick Reply: Expedition Console Removal