Expedition / Navigator

changes to the exped pics inside

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2009, 11:34 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
changes to the exped pics inside

hey guys just finished taking off my running boards i think it looks much cleaner and gives it somewhat of a lifted look compared to before. heres the before

after

and heres one of the front with the L heads and speed grille

Old 01-18-2010, 05:05 PM
Just my two cents but expys without running boards look like cheaper base models

Old 01-27-2010, 08:57 AM
Contributor

Received 73 Likes on 66 Posts
you need a lower grill...

and some rims, and some more power

Old 01-28-2010, 06:59 PM

lol i plan on it dont worry, just got my body lift and my 6 inch lift coils gonna have about 9 inches of lift. most likely running 35s with xd monsters 20x10. As for the lower grille its on the list. Im also going to paint all the tan black to match the rims and paint the grille. As for the running boards i think they look cheap with the plastic on there. Without, i believe gives it a much cleaner look. Power, not really sure what im doing there. I think just a new exhaust after the lift is installed because i want the pipes even with the bumper.

Old 01-28-2010, 10:16 PM
Suspended
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
what lift package did u go with?

Old 01-29-2010, 12:23 AM

Im actually pieceing it together so its not a specific kit i guess you would say. My suspension right now is airbags and im converting the rear to coil springs. The springs i got were the fabtech 6" kit which also came with the relocation kit for the rear track bar. Went with performance accessories body lift 3". I still need to order the 3.5" lift spindles and a coil spring spacer. I ordered the daystar 1.5" and ended up canceling the order because of a few bad reviews concerning sagging after it ages. Instead i will be going with a 2" metal coil spring spacer. Heres the springs though

Old 01-29-2010, 09:31 AM
How much is all this costing you? I have the same air bag set up and i want to get some lift out of my truck...i wouldnt do the 3 inch body lift but i am very interested in the 6 inch suspension lift so let me know how this goes and how much its gonna run you

Trending Topics

Old 01-29-2010, 06:21 PM
I like the look without the running boards much better...I was amazed at the difference when I took mine off. Wouldn't have put anything on but was too hard getting in the truck without so I put some nerf bars on.

You might say it looks more like a cheaper base model...but I think it looks more rugged and aggressive, especially when paired with some larger off road tires.

Old 01-29-2010, 06:31 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Looks good without the running boards. I have the XLT sport nerf bars.and I'm not really crazy about them. I was going to pull them off, but there is no way my girlfriend's girls could get in without them. I may go with the N-Fab step eventually, they are tighter to the body, with only the steps hanging down.

Old 01-29-2010, 06:34 PM

BJ your truck is 10 times easier than mine if i remember correctly your 4wd. If i was you, I would just buy a full 6" suspension kit. As for the airbags all you have to do is remove them and buy the coil spring conversion for them which is a direct replacement of the airbags. So in your case buy 6" suspension lift with rear coils and just convert your setup over to springs. Btw with your truck all you need is a 3" bl to run 35s 6+3 38s im sure, but i will keep this page updated as parts arrive its gonna be a few months before i get it all together (parts wise and lift put on). Thanks for the comments guys, hope to be doing another mod soon, PTM the lightning heads. Should be very interesting.

Old 01-29-2010, 06:36 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
What do you know about issues withe the AWD system? I have seen several lifts, that note they may cause a vibration with the AWD models.

Old 01-29-2010, 07:29 PM

Honestly, i know nothing about the awd models just the 4x4 and 2wd is what ive done research on. You would think the kits would work but i havent read any kits specifically for an awd. Call the manufacturer i guess to see what they have to say about it, sorry i couldnt help more just dont wanna put you in the wrong direction. Nice truck though i like it a lot. Would look great on 35s.

Old 01-29-2010, 07:45 PM
BJ your truck is 10 times easier than mine if i remember correctly your 4wd. If i was you, I would just buy a full 6" suspension kit. As for the airbags all you have to do is remove them and buy the coil spring conversion for them which is a direct replacement of the airbags. So in your case buy 6" suspension lift with rear coils and just convert your setup over to springs. Btw with your truck all you need is a 3" bl to run 35s 6+3 38s im sure, but i will keep this page updated as parts arrive its gonna be a few months before i get it all together (parts wise and lift put on). Thanks for the comments guys, hope to be doing another mod soon, PTM the lightning heads. Should be very interesting.
So you're saying if i bought fabtechs 6 inch lift kit with the rear coils they would transfer over seamlessly? So the mounting points and stuff for the coils would be the same as the mounting points for the airbags? Thanks a lot though...and i could go find a body lift but im just not a huge fan of body lifts...i figure if youre just looking for ground clearance they're fine but when i do something i do it right and i go all out so suspension lift is what id wanna get

Old 01-30-2010, 01:19 AM
Suspended
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I really dig the TrailMaster 5 inch kit...

Old 01-30-2010, 01:45 AM
Lightning expo were you buy ur headlights? cuz i want some like those but i cant find any

Quick Reply: changes to the exped pics inside