Expedition / Navigator

Need Help

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2010, 04:24 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Need Help

Hi, I am having an air suspension problem with my dad's 03 eb expedition. It will fill up fine and all but loses air from one day to the next. My dad has checked for leaks but has not really found any thing substantial. I am afraid we are at a stand still at solving this problem. Any insight you guys may share would be extremely helpful. Thanks in advance....

Old 01-21-2010, 06:52 PM
Apply soapy water to all the lines, the compressor, the air springs, and fittings. That should tell you if you have a leak somewhere.

Old 01-21-2010, 07:46 PM
thanks for your input..My dad has found no leaks, Now he is interested in finding the power relay for the system and replacing it. Maybe someone has an electrical schematic?

Old 01-21-2010, 07:50 PM
either do a spring conversion or track down the problem... had a navi at my work for over 3 weeks trying to find the problem and i ended up putting the spring conversion in ... the resistor for the compressor pump is under the truck behind the passenger fog light... tend to burn out or the connectors get corroded

Old 01-23-2010, 12:13 PM
Originally Posted by sampson01
either do a spring conversion or track down the problem... had a navi at my work for over 3 weeks trying to find the problem and i ended up putting the spring conversion in ... the resistor for the compressor pump is under the truck behind the passenger fog light... tend to burn out or the connectors get corroded
I just got under it and the relay is not there...where else could it be?I'm sure the connectors are corroded....Previous owner used it on muddy terrain. Thanks once again