Expedition / Navigator

Gas Mileage?

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2010, 02:47 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Gas Mileage?

Hi,

I just picked up my new 2010 expedition limited, and i have had it for less than a week and i have noticed that the gas milage sucks in my opinion i also have a 07 F150 HD and from what i understand these trucks have the same size engine yet my pick up is much better on gas. And i dont drive fast or anything im just a regular slow driver. so my question is, will the gas mileage get better later on as the engine gets more broken in?.

Old 03-27-2010, 03:17 AM
What sort of mileage are you getting?

My 2009 EL 4x4 gets about 15-18 pending weather, how fast I am driving, how much idle time I have on that tank, ect. ect.

The new 3v 5.4 with 6 speed should get beetter mileage then your 07 truck, if the F150 HD means heavy payload pkg, that has the 7 lug wheels and 3/4 ton axles under it. Then there should be a noticable gain in mileage on the Expy over the truck.

Have you reset the computer, also if your just off the first tank and checking it by hand, then wait and see on the next tank. The dealers don't gennerally set there and top of the tank, they may have shorted you a gallon or two, yet the guage would still read full, so it would just make it appear that you burned those couple gallons when you fill it up yourself for the first time.

If just going by the computer, and if you had not reset it since you picked up the vehichle, that too could be misleading, since most of the time spent from the plant, through the transport chanles, and to and around the dealers lot, is all idle time, so if the engines running and no real miles are clocked, then the computer would be showing that run time in its calculations being displayed on the computer untill you hit the reset button.

Since you have just had it a week, those are some ideas that crossed my mind. I think it may be getting better mileage then it may seem.

Last edited by cc1999; 03-27-2010 at 03:28 AM.
Old 03-30-2010, 11:57 AM
Mine seems to get about the same gas mileage as my 2005 Limited. I got 1800 miles on it so far so we will see once I go on some longer trips in the summer if the mileage gets any better.

Old 03-30-2010, 12:22 PM
Originally Posted by King B
Hi,

I just picked up my new 2010 expedition limited, and i have had it for less than a week and i have noticed that the gas milage sucks in my opinion i also have a 07 F150 HD and from what i understand these trucks have the same size engine yet my pick up is much better on gas. And i dont drive fast or anything im just a regular slow driver. so my question is, will the gas mileage get better later on as the engine gets more broken in?.
the expeditition weighs a alot more than a pick-up truck

Quick Reply: Gas Mileage?