Expedition / Navigator

First door ding

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2001, 02:19 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry First door ding

After about 6 months and 6K miles I got my first door ding!

I want to know what you all suggest for making it not so obvious.

It's a pretty good sized one (actually 3) in the passangers door, scrached the paint and put in a large crease (4" long by about 2" wide) plus another spot above it (nickle sized) and scrached my rubber molding

I've read in the body part of this side paintless dent repair is pretty good, but what do I buff the scraches out with, and what do I do about the rubber?

Old 07-13-2001, 07:18 PM
Ouch..

I've been luck in that all mine (about 4) are in the molding. Only 2 are really that noticable, to me that it.

I too would like to know how to fix the molding digs.

I've heard good things about paintless dent repair too.......try a good cleaner wax, even Meguires, to try to get the strach/strape out. It may be something on the surface if it didn't actually get into your paint.

Old 07-17-2001, 10:39 AM
It will be interesting to see the reply on this. The only ding I've got so far is a baseball sized dent from the church kids just above the rear window. I've been to the body shop and they want to do major surgery and paint. I really don't want to do that. I dropped part of the headliner and it looks like the dent could be pushed out, but body shops don't want to go to the effort. What can you do?

Old 07-19-2001, 12:42 PM
Unhappy well....

I used some polishing compound on the scratch and it dissapeared. The only way you can see the dent is from a very steep angle, so untill I get more dammage from somewhere else, or I take it in the shop to fix a few things that are slowly adding up ( 3 rd row entry seat switch needs replaced, and driver side rear quater window motor squeals when closing) I may have the dealer look at fixing this dent (plus the one I put into it backing into a cement encased handicaped sign at a walmart one icy midnight)

Quick Reply: First door ding