Expedition / Navigator

Fog Light conversion

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2001, 12:57 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Fog Light conversion

Is there a simple (and fairly inexpensive) way to convert factory fog's to driving lights? I just need something brighter, longer range than fog lights. I rarely have fog here in OK, but I drive 80% of the time at night. It's straight and flat here; so if your even a mile or 2 away from the car in front of you or on comming traffic I can't use my high beams, but I still would like to see more than the low's can light up. At 60 on a dark road deer, cows, dogs, tire treads etc can really creap up on you.

Any suggestions? just changing the bulbs, or lenses??

Old 07-19-2001, 08:11 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You can replace thre bulbs with a 9005 Xenon for about $15 on Ebay. 9005's are high beams. I did 9006 which was a mistake. I understand the 9005 fit with very little trimming but the 9006 (low beam) took major reconstruction. I was afraid the 9005's would be too bright; they wouldn't!

You can email a guy I bought mine from. He'll sell them direct since all of his auctions are dutch. He ships fast too.

It's zvs@worldnet.att.net his name is Greg I think. Otherwise search on 9005 and you'll find a ton of them. I've used Eurolite and had really good luck, even with the ones I took a bench grinder to

Quick Reply: Fog Light conversion