Expedition / Navigator

Lowering 4x4

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2001, 09:12 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lowering 4x4

I have a 98 Eddie Bauer Expy. I am putting 20's or 22's on it. I havent decided because I am trying to find out if I can lower it slightly just to fill in the gap. All the kits I see are for 2wd. Is there one for a 4x4.

Thanks, Mark

Old 07-21-2001, 10:06 PM
Mark,

Do you have the four corner load leveling suspension? If so, you can just adjust the height sensors on the factory air suspension front and back. In addition, you can also turn the torsion bar. However, both of the mods will only give you about an inch or an inch and a half lowering. If you have a lot of extra money, then you can have a custom suspension fabricated with aftermarket air bags. This will cost a lot of $$$ though. If you are thinking about about putting 22" inch rims then an inch or so is probably the most you can lower it without running into rubbing problems. If you have a 4wd without the four corner load leveling suspension, then I think Stillen and Belltech make a kit to lower it. I also have a 1998 4wd Expedition with the four corner load leveling suspension and lowered my Expy with the sensors and torsion bar. I am also planning to add some 22" rims, but I am waiting for more choses out there because currently I don't really like any that I have seen. Which 22" rims are you looking at? If you ever get your 22"s make sure you post some pics. Thanks.

Robert

Old 07-22-2001, 09:18 AM
Thanks

I dont have the leveling system. It is just regular coils. I have been looking at the KMC Venom and the Bofa. I have seen a few trucks with the Bofa's on, and they look great. I am looking at the Venom because it is a litle more solid wheel as far as looks. The Bofa is more spoke looking. I will look up the Bell tech kit.

Thanks

Old 07-23-2001, 12:24 AM
drcarrillo
I 've been wondering about this myself.... Mine has the 4 corner load leveling system. I know about cranking down the torsion bars but how do you go about adjusting the height sensors?

Thanks
Mike

Quick Reply: Lowering 4x4