Expedition / Navigator

99 EB 4awd simple questions

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2012, 12:27 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
99 EB 4awd simple questions

just signed up for the forum, its been super helpful. i will try my best to help as well. having some weird random issues with my expy. '99 with 184k on it.

1) rear wiper stopped working, I've read its the motor that goes, is there a simple fix or trick i can try to avoid doing a motor?
2) who makes a good decently inexpensive rain guard for the windows?
3) e brake light doesn't come on when e brake is applied. weird.
4) need a wiring harness for a new head unit, cant seem to find what i need
5) think the passenger side view mirror is burned? heated mirrors?
6) couldn't find anything, but odometer cuts in and out?
7) does the rear wiper fluid come from the main source, or is their another tank?
8) suggestions on new tires, something a little beefier than stock, but i don't wanna get into new wheels/lift

i think that's it. like i said its all weird little things that are just bothering me. this is my first nice truck and i wanna keep it that way. had two beater rangers before this. thanks guys! ill post pictures as soon as its nice enough to take them!

Old 02-08-2012, 09:44 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1) rear wiper stopped working, I've read its the motor that goes, is there a simple fix or trick i can try to avoid doing a motor?

My rear wiper will stop working sometimes I will pull the wiper arm back and it will reset.

2) who makes a good decently inexpensive rain guard for the windows?

I have had good luck with Auto Vent Shades

3) e brake light doesn't come on when e brake is applied. weird.

Is your brake line frozen up? Is the brake definitely on? Does the light come on when you turn your key in the ignition?

4) need a wiring harness for a new head unit, cant seem to find what i need

5) think the passenger side view mirror is burned? heated mirrors?

Do you have the signal mirrors? I had problems a while back with a crackling appearance. I got mine replaced under warranty from Muth Mirror Corp. (They were the manufacture for Ford)

6) couldn't find anything, but odometer cuts in and out?

I had this problem & there is a post somewhere in the forums for this fix. you would need remove the odometer cluster to apply some solder. If not just give it a tap it should come back on.

7) does the rear wiper fluid come from the main source, or is their another tank?

Main tank.

8) suggestions on new tires, something a little beefier than stock, but i don't wanna get into new wheels/lift

Cooper AT/3

Quick Reply: 99 EB 4awd simple questions