Expedition / Navigator

Defective General Tires?

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2001, 10:08 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Defective General Tires?

I heard something on the radio yesterday about some Fords, including Expeditions, having defective General or Continental tires. Seems like it was something about tread separation. Scary! Anyone have any specific information?

Old 07-26-2001, 10:33 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Old 07-26-2001, 07:44 PM
Yeah the Generals on the latest tire replacement list are having problems like the Firestones.

Mike

Old 07-27-2001, 01:05 AM
There are 2 TSB's (search here under Recalls and TSB's). A vibration and drifting/pulling. I've got the drift/pull issue. I had written it off as a unique part about my Expy. So far the only annoying thing about it. I haven't done anything about it yet.

By the way, that articale doesn't involve the General Grabbers that come OEM on ours. There aren't any issues with seperation etc. with these.

Old 07-27-2001, 09:06 AM
Thumbs up

Thanks for the info FamilyRide. Our Expy drifts a little to one side sometimes. We had an alignment done under warranty but the wife says it still drifts to the left.

I looked at the TSB's. Where can I see the detailed portion? Does the TSB call for tire replacement to correct the drift / pull problem?

Thanks

Old 07-29-2001, 09:40 AM
Leon,

Mine does it too. I'm not sure what the TSB calls for but I'm going to look into it. I had accepted it as just the way it is. Mine drifts to the low side of the lane, whichever side that it. I have to say though, that's about the only thing that needs correcting. I've been really happy with it so far.....

Quick Reply: Defective General Tires?