Expedition / Navigator

warranty running out ,what to look for?

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2001, 12:31 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question warranty running out ,what to look for?

my completly stock 99 expy is fixin to be out of ford warranty and i was wondering if there is any thing i need to look for that might have been a common or re-occuring problem for any other expy owners? the only problem i have had out of mine is the rear window wiper has quit working. thANKS AHEAD FOR ANY INPUT .

Old 08-18-2001, 03:50 AM
Hey my rear wiper just stopped working also, how much did it cost you to get fixed? And my warranty has just expired also, damn!!!

Old 08-18-2001, 09:13 AM
ONe thing I might think of is something that bug me about my 2000. The AC condensation drains out right on top of the passenger side cat conv. and heat sheild. You'll know if you're does. When the AC is on, especaily when it's humid, you'll hear what I describe as water being poured into hot grease. It's a boiling kind of poping sound when it hit the hot cat and or heat shield. Anyhow, I've heard of 2-3 people that had them rust completely out and staop casuing rattles and clanking (the only way the knew about it) but it didn't happen until close to or more than 50k miles.

I'm planning on taking mine in to see if they can divert it now, before it casues problems, way outside of warranty.

Old 08-21-2001, 07:37 AM
Talking Rear Windshield Wiper

For my 99 Exp. I received a recall notification for my rear windshield wiper assembly (about 9 months ago) and it was fixed at no charge. I sure that this recall should apply to you as well.

Quick Reply: warranty running out ,what to look for?