Expedition / Navigator

On/Off Switch for LLS?

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2001, 04:10 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
On/Off Switch for LLS?

I was wondering is there a way to turn off the LLS on our trucks. I've read a couple posts that mention the fact that you can manually override the LLS. If this is true were's the switch?

Old 09-04-2001, 04:54 PM
Yes you can, it's behind the left kick panel. You would think Ford would be smart enough to make it more accessible, I like to use it as a suspension dump for unhooking my boat trailer. I can't crank the tongue up fast enough to get it unhooked without dumping the suspension.

Old 09-05-2001, 01:06 PM
Right panel

In my 99, the LLS switch is in the right (passenger side) footwell, above the kick plate. Once you have found it, its easy to use. I also mounted by Flip Chip switch on the same panel.

Ian

Old 09-05-2001, 08:52 PM
Yep, right side and easy to find.

Mine actually works for me. As I crank the trailer up and off, the truck lowers as the weight is reduced. Works wonderfuly for me.

Old 09-06-2001, 04:52 AM
On my '98 EB, the switch is located under the glove box. You can't miss it. If it is working properly, you wouldn't want to drive with the LLS turned off. Without the benefit of the "air springs" you would be "riding the rails" and experience a very harsh ride.

Like FamilyRide, my EB drops when I remove the tongue load from my trailer. If yours rises when the tongue load is removed, your trailer may not be properly balanced to distribute the weight. You may want to have it checked.

Quick Reply: On/Off Switch for LLS?