Expedition / Navigator

Best swaybar? Hotchkis?

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2001, 02:22 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ok, you all have me considering an upgrade of the sway bars on the Expy. Now my question is, if I decide to do a Fabtech 3" spindle lift next year like I'm thinking of doing, will I still be able to keep the sway bars??

The G-Echo

Old 10-10-2001, 03:29 PM
The short answer is I don't know. But what the heck at 126 bucks if only for a year it will be worth it. Also how are you gona get into that expy with it 3 inches higher?? I was thinking next year about lowering mine and with new shocks. Kind of in the same boat will my new Hellwig work with that.

Old 10-10-2001, 04:50 PM
Getting in it won't be too hard, I don't think....I'll just have to do more calf raises to get some jumping ability.

Do the Hellwig sway bars make that much of a difference that they're a good investment?? And would you suggest the bushings for the front, or do those make a minimal difference??

The G-Echo

Old 10-10-2001, 05:08 PM
I only have the rear in right now. The front bushing should be here in the next day or so. For me there is no bout about it. It feels tighter already. If you think about it, the front sway bar can allow body roll for the first inch or so just to make up for all the rubber slop. Again for 26 dollars for that set it is worth a try. That front sway bar is 1 1/4 inch thick so it seems to be a good bar. The rear was only 3/4 inch thick so it could use the 1 inch thick chromolly Hellwig and Poly bushings. The front should be ok with just the bushings. Like I said in another post just pulling into the driveway you could feel it work because it did not slop over when that first tire starts up the slope. Also I excellerated hard around a turn the other night and it held in tight. Doing this in a turn after those mods was a no no before. It is hard to explain. It just feels more sport/car like in turns. Hope this helps....

Last edited by dfwbmw; 10-10-2001 at 05:10 PM.

Quick Reply: Best swaybar? Hotchkis?