Expedition / Navigator

Clear corner light lenses

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2001, 09:41 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Clear corner light lenses

I found this web site: http://www.procarparts.com/store/dis...31-1538PTU-NCC

I was wondering if there is siginificant build quality differences on these aftermarket lights. I was curious about why the price on these lights are less than half of the price of the clear corner light lenses on this site. If anyone has had any problems with build quality of this type of less-expensive lenses please let me know. I believe that you get what you pay for, but also understand that if you deal in large volumes, price reductions can be huge. Wonder if this is the case with this web site.

Old 10-01-2001, 11:44 PM
They've gotten cheaper in recent months. People have bought from here as well as other retailers and even eBay like I did mine. I paid about $40 for mine and they look they same as OEM except the lack of the amber reflector.

Of course I took mine off after about 2 weeks when I realized they just didn't look right on my color. So now they sit in their box.

Old 10-02-2001, 09:04 AM
FamilyRide,

You wouldn't want to sell them would you? Think they would look good on my black truck.

Old 10-02-2001, 04:40 PM
FamilyRide,

Hows the boat (and towing)? Are you going to get a little more aggressive with the servicing schedule? Didn't you go to a synthetic in both the PS and tranny? I was asking about a system flush ($89) today and was told synthetic didn't help that much and the filter didn't need to be changed.

Thanks,

99EB with 30K

Old 10-02-2001, 09:36 PM
s76drvr

It's towing great. I keep getting told how you need 4x4 to pull a boat, espeacailly this big, out of the water. I've pulled out of a gravel ramp while wet and not one slip!! She's made me proud.

I haven't done the tranny service yet but need to now. I'm at almost 30k. I'm toying with the Factory_Tech (Greg) accumulator and do the service myself at that time. If not, I'll have the dealer do the full service and have them replace the pan with a 4x4 (w/drain plug)

I think as far as synthetic goes, it's probably not that much of a big deal. More stable and maybe it'll perform better if it gets hot and under more of a heavy workload. I've got a tranny cooler so who knows what difference it would make. I'm going to do it unless someone convinces me not to.

AlanM96SS
I've got them on a shelf in a box so they aren't doing me any good. I actually have a Sister in law that lives in Tulsa but I'm not sure we'll see her any time soon. Let me know. I can ship them too.

Quick Reply: Clear corner light lenses